UnevenEdge

One Piece Episodes 527 & 528 Discussion!!

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Unlikely.  You never watched any episodes after One Piece got canceled from Toonami?

i think toonami gave themselves quite the problem here with one piece

1.confused viewers who have to go to funimation now to catch up(of course when they do that...they'll be tempted to just skip past where toonami is)

2.even at two episodes per week the pacing here is terrible...previously the pacing was turning off people from tuning into one piece and now that it's doubled that turns off those very same people for an hour

21 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

i think toonami gave themselves quite the problem here with one piece

1.confused viewers who have to go to funimation now to catch up(of course when they do that...they'll be tempted to just skip past where toonami is)

2.even at two episodes per week the pacing here is terrible...previously the pacing was turning off people from tuning into one piece and now that it's doubled that turns off those very same people for an hour

Yeah I can see people going to catch up and then watching ahead and never coming back.

Not much different than watching DBZ or Bleach back in the day.  Bleach got to a point where it had 5 minute recaps at the beginning of each episode.  Though people may have less patience for that kind of thing now.

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah I can see people going to catch up and then watching ahead and never coming back.

Not much different than watching DBZ or Bleach back in the day.  Bleach got to a point where it had 5 minute recaps at the beginning of each episode.  Though people may have less patience for that kind of thing now.

yeah they have far less patience because these kind of shows like one piece aren't as common as they once were and so it's pacing is far more annoying

this isn't a show you can watch weekly  it's something you have to binge-watch at this point...no way around that

11 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

yeah they have far less patience because these kind of shows like one piece aren't as common as they once were and so it's pacing is far more annoying

this isn't a show you can watch weekly  it's something you have to binge-watch at this point...no way around that

Yeah all series started switching to the seasonal model several years ago.  It should have happened way before that honestly.  But One Piece is a dinosaur that got grandfathered in and I guess Toei is too greedy to switch One Piece to seasonal.

Yeah definitely.  But what happens when you get current?  Haha.

17 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah all series started switching to the seasonal model several years ago.  It should have happened way before that honestly.  But One Piece is a dinosaur that got grandfathered in and I guess Toei is too greedy to switch One Piece to seasonal.

Yeah definitely.  But what happens when you get current?  Haha.

I can't help but think toonami must have gotten an amazing deal on one piece to keep it doubled up for this long...

Toei can't really think "The American TV Viewing Audience will love this more than they did last time!"

On 2/27/2022 at 3:18 AM, CountFrylock said:

I can't help but think toonami must have gotten an amazing deal on one piece to keep it doubled up for this long...

Toei can't really think "The American TV Viewing Audience will love this more than they did last time!"

Doubled up will go faster.  Doing this once a week would be abominable.

Maybe Toei just thinks this is a good advertisement for One Piece.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:43 AM, ben0119 said:

Doubled up will go faster.  Doing this once a week would be abominable.

Maybe Toei just thinks this is a good advertisement for One Piece.

two episodes of one piece is still a snails pace and less happens in two episodes of One Piece than one episode of most things on the block right now