UnevenEdge

no family can live in the house next door for very long

Poof

so the place keeps changing bc when new couples move in somewhere they always have big ideas. the last fuckers just cut down a really old tree and left thanks guys

new people moved in while i was gone, moved a shed, put some weird shit up. I like the wind chimes tho

it is a haunting situation. I know that. It's the old widow. I know her actual name bc I knew her when she was alive but she'll just be "the old widow."

the window here by my bed that i posted about before in the halloween folder gives me a nice perch to watch the whole situation. Which means, in this horror movie, im the eccentric neighbor who already knows about everything and just sulks around smoking cigarettes until someone finally asks me if I knew the old lady who used to live in the house. I told the one husband guy about it when he made the mistake of saying hi to me while I was burying chicken bones in the garden

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a fun place actually. I've never had a problem with ghosts. But I wouldn't be going buck wild changing everything in a home if it doesn't need massive renovations right off the bat [ like if the plumbing and electrical is crap, then stuff would get worked on just because everything would need to get ripped open ] . 

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Sounds like a fun place actually. I've never had a problem with ghosts. But I wouldn't be going buck wild changing everything in a home if it doesn't need massive renovations right off the bat [ like if the plumbing and electrical is crap, then stuff would get worked on just because everything would need to get ripped open ] . 

no theses are mostly cosmetic or little backyard alterations. Like theres also been a firepit put in, a fence, there was a mini sunroom for cats put onto a window, various changes to the shrubbery, etc.

we do try to have fun here tho

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Poof said:

no theses are mostly cosmetic or little backyard alterations. Like theres also been a firepit put in, a fence, there was a mini sunroom for cats put onto a window, various changes to the shrubbery, etc.

we do try to have fun here tho

Ah, I thought maybe people were doing massive changes that were pissing off the widow and she was haunting them out of the place because of it. 

Who could hate a sunroom for kitties? 

29 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Ah, I thought maybe people were doing massive changes that were pissing off the widow and she was haunting them out of the place because of it. 

Who could hate a sunroom for kitties? 

that makes sense esp the tree. They chopped that tree down and moved right tf out I swear.

the kitty sunroom ppl had 3 dogs plus 2 cats and the widow never even had a pet plus that couple put up the terrible fence

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBAss said:

Believing in nothing sounds dull

I believe in aliens, though we may be the first, or one of the first few. Our current understanding is the universe is in it’s infancy, and if that theory is correct, then we’re super early. That doesn’t bode well for us ever finding other intelligent life for various and sundry reasons,  especially since we don’t revolve around a red dwarf star.

8 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

I believe in aliens, though we may be the first, or one of the first few. Our current understanding is the universe is in it’s infancy, and if that theory is correct, then we’re super early. That doesn’t bode well for us ever finding other intelligent life for various and sundry reasons,  especially since we don’t revolve around a red dwarf star.

One of the problems with trying to find aliens is the fact that the universe has existed for nearly 14 billion years, while humans have only existed over 100K years at the most, and our ability to search for aliens is barely even 100 years old. With how insanely massive space is, and how old it is, it's likely the case that the window of time that our race exists doesn't line up with the same window of time as other races. Also in terms of radio signals we've sent into space, the furthest they could go would be over a hundred light years by this point, and at that point their integrity would have greatly diminished and would be indecipherable. Even if there were aliens within a hundred light years of us, even if they were around the same technological level as us right now, even if they detected our radio signals it could take them potentially a hundred years for a signal from them to reach us.

And then there's the whole dark forest scenario, where there could be plenty of aliens out there, but alien races risk getting wiped out by other aliens if they announce their presence.