UnevenEdge

Toonami is going to pay dearly for loading up on...

Zenigundam

No, the solution is clearly more blood, boobs and edge.  Look at Akame.

they should license Sekaichi no Hatsukoi just to piss off homophobes

granted the show is completely horrible and (unintentionally) homophobic in it's own right, it'd make for a fun hate watch though

also we need more popular but mediocre animes like SAO AGK and Tokyo Ghoul, I actually like hate watching shows

Never saw that one. 

Hate watching!  Woo! :)

Sekaichi no Hatsukoi is a famously horrible Yaoi anime

it's the origin of many "Yaoi hands" memes, and Funimation is dubbing it currently

also every single character in the show looks exactly the same and the only way to tell them apart is hair color

I don't think DB Super needs to be cancelled, but I do believe if Attack on Titan Season 2 is JoJo's temporary replacement, it should move up to 11:30 and Super reruns down to 12:30.

Which is ironic since the highest-rated episode of anything so far on [as] Toonami featured a segment from the movie that was remade into the upcoming arc of Super, but that wouldn't happen until April 29th, and there might be enough episodes of Super down that we get through that.

As for Hunter x Hunter, it's at 2 AM where it can only affect itself, Shippuden, and GITS reruns, so who the hell cares?

I think I might actually tune in again or at least try to, if they were to try to pick something up like Akame ga Kill. I'm not even sure if there is a dub of it though, so I kind of doubt they'd ever touch it. For supposedly gearing itself towards teans and young adults in terms of demographic, I'm really surprised they try to get stuff that's way more violent or at least has some more depth to it. I personally love HxH and One Piece, there is alot of nuanced meaning and depth in those shows beyond just the normal "I must get stronger because I need to protect people" plot. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of that, but there are also other central themes present that aren't in alot of other shonen animes (I'm looking at you Naruto). That said, the problem with those is that they aren't eccentric or edgy enough, even in any one aspect in regards to what today's youth likes. They are also far to long for the average anime viewer's attention span to handle and while I personally love and even prefer long winding tails that build up to an intricate epic, most people seem to prefer a shorter story with concise well focused aspects in one or two areas. At least that's the general impression I get talk to other anime viewers.

Basically it boils down to the notion of it takes too long for the kind of gradual pay off of intensity and intricacy that tends to be metered out when dealing with epic length animes. Too much of an investment when most just want to be entertained and told a good story.

Also, considering that AS started way back in the day with some very bizarre and violent animes (though they were all very good compared to what is being aired these days), such as Wolf's Rain and Blue Gender, I'd expect to see them signing up more animes such as Terraformars, Gantz, and Drifters

I think I might actually tune in again or at least try to, if they were to try to pick something up like Akame ga Kill. I'm not even sure if there is a dub of it though, so I kind of doubt they'd ever touch it. For supposedly gearing itself towards teans and young adults in terms of demographic, I'm really surprised they try to get stuff that's way more violent or at least has some more depth to it. I personally love HxH and One Piece, there is alot of nuanced meaning and depth in those shows beyond just the normal "I must get stronger because I need to protect people" plot. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of that, but there are also other central themes present that aren't in alot of other shonen animes (I'm looking at you Naruto). That said, the problem with those is that they aren't eccentric or edgy enough, even in any one aspect in regards to what today's youth likes. They are also far to long for the average anime viewer's attention span to handle and while I personally love and even prefer long winding tails that build up to an intricate epic, most people seem to prefer a shorter story with concise well focused aspects in one or two areas. At least that's the general impression I get talk to other anime viewers.

Basically it boils down to the notion of it takes too long for the kind of gradual pay off of intensity and intricacy that tends to be metered out when dealing with epic length animes. Too much of an investment when most just want to be entertained and told a good story.

they actually aired Akame Ga Kill a few years ago

I liked Bulaut

but then he died 8 episodes in

otherwise all I kinda did was get shit-faced and razz on the show MST3k style

Bulaut is one of my favorite gay characters in any anime ever.  Mainly because they don't focus on him being gay, it's just a part of his character and a small piece of the backstory. Not to mention he's a very loveable and badass character for other reasons. I am kind of surprised they aired that, well they aren't as bad as I thought they were then.

I'd be really interested in seeing them pick up Terraformars and Drifters at some point. Gantz is one of my absolute favorite horror animes, but it's probably too old for them to consider and/or too weird.

Bulaut is one of my favorite gay characters in any anime ever.  Mainly because they don't focus on him being gay, it's just a part of his character and a small piece of the backstory. Not to mention he's a very loveable and badass character for other reasons. I am kind of surprised they aired that, well they aren't as bad as I thought they were then.

I'd be really interested in seeing them pick up Terraformars and Drifters at some point. Gantz is one of my absolute favorite horror animes, but it's probably too old for them to consider and/or too weird.

if more animes went the Bulaut route with their Gay characters

(but didn't kill them)

rather than choosing the Puri Puri Prisoner route I'd probably like a lot more animes

I actually liked

Bulaut's death

It was nice getting to see such a good hearted character that just happened to be gay be able to play the hero. If there was ever an anime character that deserved

such a noble death

it'd probably be him. I don't often speculate about the sexual preferences of anime characters, as I find it to be a waste of time, but in this instance I could not help but

get the sense that Tatsumi was in someways attached to him outside of being just a role model. I don't feel like he even remotely did anything, but I do think there was a bit more to the infatuation than what is obvious. I don't normally get feelings like that about anime characters, so it was a bit odd for me.

I actually liked

Bulaut's death

It was nice getting to see such a good hearted character that just happened to be gay be able to play the hero. If there was ever an anime character that deserved

such a noble death

it'd probably be him. I don't often speculate about the sexual preferences of anime characters, as I find it to be a waste of time, but in this instance I could not help but

get the sense that Tatsumi was in someways attached to him outside of being just a role model. I don't feel like he even remotely did anything, but I do think there was a bit more to the infatuation than what is obvious. I don't normally get feelings like that about anime characters, so it was a bit odd for me.

I agree

I still to this day say Bulaut was the best thing about AGK