UnevenEdge

So essentially, I’m moving to Washington next year.

-Ninja_Jesus-

My wife and her family decided it’s too expensive to live in Hawaii, so we’re going to live near Seattle where they have family. I’m pretty excited, I love the cold and I can’t wait to get off the island. It’s heaven for tourists, but locals are slowly getting priced out, especially with all the shipping delays and price hikes of goods.

So what are cool places to go in Washington? Either food or physical activity-wise. I’m sure I won’t have a lot of time to explore once I get a job so I’d like to have at least an outline of what to do when I get there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

40s F isn't exactly "cold".  FYI - they're calling for a wetter winter in that area because of La Niña.

He’s lived his whole life in the tropics, fucking Cali winters would be cold for him. My dad was born in Hawaii and lived there until his family moved to Cali when he was a teen. Said he never owned a jacket until moving to Cali.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

He’s lived his whole life in the tropics, fucking Cali winters would be cold for him. My dad was born in Hawaii and lived there until his family moved to Cali when he was a teen. Said he never owned a jacket until moving to Cali.

I used to allocate apparel to stores in that area.  They complained when I sent winter coats there because the winters weren't as harsh as Chicago & the stuff just sat on the rack.

I get it's an acclimation thing, but still, a couple weeks straight in the 20s F and you'd be out in a windbreaker in the 40s.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, -Ninja_Jesus- said:

My wife and her family decided it’s too expensive to live in Hawaii, so we’re going to live near Seattle where they have family. I’m pretty excited, I love the cold and I can’t wait to get off the island. It’s heaven for tourists, but locals are slowly getting priced out, especially with all the shipping delays and price hikes of goods.

So what are cool places to go in Washington? Either food or physical activity-wise. I’m sure I won’t have a lot of time to explore once I get a job so I’d like to have at least an outline of what to do when I get there.

Visit Leavenworth

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, Clownpernicus said:

You're either brave or stupid. 

Most people are fleeing liberal blue city hellholes. 

Oh well, to each his own.

Try not to get robbed or shot. 

I’m brown skinned bro, I’m sure I’d get more trouble from a red city regardless of my political affiliation. 🤣