UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia[S5]Episode#108(520): My Villain Academia!

CountFrylock

favorite member of the LOV?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. who is your favorite league member?

• tomura shigaraki
    • dabi
    • himiko toga
    • spinner
    • twice
    • mister compress

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

TSR_Dr_Eggman.thumb.png.26d99b6ac4eec313de8dac1556e741d7.png

Damn it, I posted the wrong Eggman Theme!  

This evil doctor looks a lot like Robotnik though.  But even Robotnik wasn't as unethical as this guy!

1 hour ago, 3ngag3 said:

It's really bugging me how they're pronouncing Gigantomachia's name wrong.

I'm pretty sure it should be GEE-GANT-o-mach-ia

Why would it be pronounced that way?  He is a giant, so it should be Giganto (said like Gigantor without the R on the end)-machia.

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Why would it be pronounced that way?  He is a giant, so it should be Giganto (said like Gigantor without the R on the end)-machia.

Because that's literally how it's pronounced in most foreign languages, including Japanese. It doesn't necessarily change the meaning of the name though as the pronunciation emphasizes the word giga more which means 'large' or 'giant'.

I just think the way they say it in the dub makes it look like they Peggy Hill'd it.

Edited by 3ngag3

On 9/19/2021 at 5:14 AM, 3ngag3 said:

Because that's literally how it's pronounced in most foreign languages, including Japanese. It doesn't necessarily change the meaning of the name though as the pronunciation emphasizes the word giga more which means 'large' or 'giant'.

I just think the way they say it in the dub makes it look like they Peggy Hill'd it.

I wonder what the pronunciation is supposed to be according to the mangaka.  We've had situations in the past where Japanese actors can't say a word correctly, then people complain when the word/term is pronounced correctly by American or Canadian voice actors, and say "the dub got it wrong."  This is an issue whenever authors like to use non-Japanese words to sound cool, then the Japanese voice actors have an issue pronouncing the words.  So, just because that's how the Japanese VAs said it, doesn't necessarily mean that's the "official" pronunciation.