UnevenEdge

Looks like the 3:30 AM show is...more Dragon Ball Super!

OwlChemist81

Starting over at...Episode 27!?

Well, I guess this is logical since apparently they have indeed lost the rights to the first 26 episodes.

Still too early to say for sure that it's permanently taking over the 3:30 AM timeslot, as at some point it could be taking 5:30 AM weeknights from Samurai Jack. It's certainly tame enough for that.

The only caveat is that it wouldn't be followed directly by Gumball on CN; it will be followed directly by Baby Looney Tunes on CARTOONITO. Guess that makes sense.

For now, it ends Toonami. But really hoping that slot eventurally goes to a newer rerun like MHA Season 5 or Yashahime.

Edited by OwlChemist81

5 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

When my recordings look just the same as they always are Saturday night, I'm going to laugh at you so fucking hard.

Well I sure hope they do. Right now Sling lists a single Rick & Morty airing from 11:30PM-4AM. There's not many days left for the grids to get updated.

Yep, as of today Sling has the right schedule for Saturday. So minor crisis averted... this time.

They really should not cut it so close though, especially if its just to decide which episode to restart DBS on.

But since it was just DBS, they didn't post an update on Facebook at all. It's technically not a change and therefore they don't need to post the schedule on Facebook.

I would like to another line-up promo before mid-October though. They updated Dr. Stones bumps last week so they might update all the other bumps soon.

While I was looking forward to a Toonami without Dragon Ball Super, it's probably for the best that they keep it around for the 3:30am slot. They don't have many good options for recent shows to rerun and probably won't have many good options for that early in 2022 either. Keeping one rotating rerun slot open for Fena, Black Lotus and whatever else is sufficient. While I am all for cycling in FLCL sequels, IGPX and maybe GITS and some Adult Swim originals (namely Primal) they might as well keep using DBS for as long as its still under contract.

DBS would be better used for 8pm (if they get that back in 2022) or to give Samurai Jack a break on weeknights but it's pretty ignorable at 3:30am on a Sunday morning.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, Sketch said:

Yep, as of today Sling has the right schedule for Saturday. So minor crisis averted... this time.

They really should not cut it so close though, especially if its just to decide which episode to restart DBS on.

But since it was just DBS, they didn't post an update on Facebook at all. It's technically not a change and therefore they don't need to post the schedule on Facebook.

I would like to another line-up promo before mid-October though. They updated Dr. Stones bumps last week so they might update all the other bumps soon.

While I was looking forward to a Toonami without Dragon Ball Super, it's probably for the best that they keep it around for the 3:30am slot. They don't have many good options for recent shows to rerun and probably won't have many good options for that early in 2022 either. Keeping one rotating rerun slot open for Fena, Black Lotus and whatever else is sufficient. While I am all for cycling in FLCL sequels, IGPX and maybe GITS and some Adult Swim originals (namely Primal) they might as well keep using DBS for as long as its still under contract.

DBS would be better used for 8pm (if they get that back in 2022) or to give Samurai Jack a break on weeknights but it's pretty ignorable at 3:30am on a Sunday morning.

I have DirecTV, and I wasn't completely unscathed. No episode number or title for MHA or Black Clover!