UnevenEdge

Buffalo Wild Wings Chicken Sandwich

bnmjy

IF I WANTED THIS IN THE FOODS FOLDER I WOULD HAVE MADE THIS THREAD THERE

I tried it today and . . . it was all right. Nothing to write home about. It reminds me of Arby's chicken sandwich in taste, but also in the sense that if you're going to Arby's you're probably not going there to for their chicken sandwiches. Likewise, you're gonna go to BWW for their shitty wings during a game. I can't really say it's worth trying. Popeyes still has the best fast food chicken sandwich.

I used to go to B-Dubs to eat wings and play Buzztime trivia. I stopped going to my local B-Dubs a few years ago because it was getting too expensive (even before the guilt tax a.k.a. tip) and it was also a pain in the ass to cross DE Rt. 1 to get there. I didn't give two fucks about sports at all. I was just there for the trivia, like how you have people who only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and don't care about the actual game. My favorite sauces? Thai Curry and Asian Zing.

About a month or so after I had my name legally changed, I bumped into one of my old bar buddies from B-Dubs. He was very surprised to learn that he'd been hanging out with a trans woman the whole time and didn't know it. I told him that I might stop by after updating my ID and debit card, to surprise the shit out of everyone. He also told me that there's been a fair bit of turnover among the staff but some of the ones who were at that location when I frequented it are still there. One waitress/bartender has since become a GM. As the antiboyotics have kicked my spice cravings into overdrive, I might stop by for some Thai Curry wings. Or I might try the new chicken sandwich but ask for the Thai Curry sauce on the side.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I used to go to B-Dubs to eat wings and play Buzztime trivia. I stopped going to my local B-Dubs a few years ago because it was getting too expensive (even before the guilt tax a.k.a. tip) and it was also a pain in the ass to cross DE Rt. 1 to get there. I didn't give two fucks about sports at all. I was just there for the trivia, like how you have people who only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and don't care about the actual game. My favorite sauces? Thai Curry and Asian Zing.

About a month or so after I had my name legally changed, I bumped into one of my old bar buddies from B-Dubs. He was very surprised to learn that he'd been hanging out with a trans woman the whole time and didn't know it. I told him that I might stop by after updating my ID and debit card, to surprise the shit out of everyone. He also told me that there's been a fair bit of turnover among the staff but some of the ones who were at that location when I frequented it are still there. One waitress/bartender has since become a GM. As the antiboyotics have kicked my spice cravings into overdrive, I might stop by for some Thai Curry wings. Or I might try the new chicken sandwich but ask for the Thai Curry sauce on the side.

I refuse to call it B-Dubs. I call it BWW because it sounds like BBW . . . like fuggs.

I ordered the sandwich to go. I've only eaten at BWW a handful of times. Their chicken wings are too small for my liking. Just about any local bar has larger, better wings. I'll give credit to the sauces though. They're pretty decent.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

I refuse to call it B-Dubs. I call it BWW because it sounds like BBW . . . like fuggs.

I ordered the sandwich to go. I've only eaten at BWW a handful of times. Their chicken wings are too small for my liking. Just about any local bar has larger, better wings. I'll give credit to the sauces though. They're pretty decent.

My local B-Dubs had small wings at first, then they changed to bigger ones. That was in 2012, almost immediately after that location opened. I would go there because they had a better selection of sauces and rubs than most of the locally-owned bars and pizza joints near me. Only one local wing shop a short drive from my house has a sauce selection on par with that of B-Dubs. During my B-Dubs days, I would often buy bottles of Thai Curry sauce and use that for stir-fries and other stuff. I LIVE for spicy food, in case you haven't paid attention to my posts. And it's not just B-Dubs; it's everywhere. There's an Indian restaurant near me that offers a very spicy hot sauce; I put that shit all over my lamb biryani the first and, so far, only time I ate there. This sauce has chili seeds in it and everything. That's how you know it's a good sauce. Real shame they don't sell bottles of it or I'd buy some and do a taste test of that with B-Dubs' hottest sauces, see how they all stack up.

17 hours ago, bnmjy said:

πŸ™ƒ

I'm probably the only person in my family who likes their food so spicy. My dad once commented that I like my food so hot that it overpowers the base flavor of the food. There's no going back to the bland foods my grandparents made. I'll still take the recipes they left for me, but I'll put my own spin on them and make the food hotter and spicier than they could have ever dreamed of.