UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #98 (510) "That Which Is Inherited" Discussion

Have you guys seen this clip?  This looks freakin' awesome!

This guy did a break down of the clip and also mentioned some shows the studios made, which I wrote down.  I haven't seen all these shows so some may be worth checking out before Visions comes out

Kamikaze Douga - 

JoJo
Batman Ninja 

Geno Studio -

Golden Kamuy 

Studio Colorido - 

A Whisker Away
Burn the Witch 

Studio Trigger - 

Kill la Kill
Promare 

Kinema Citrus - 

Made in Abyss
Rising of Shield Hero
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 

Science Saru - 

Devilman Crybaby
Japan Sinks 

Production I.G. - 

Ghost in the Shell
Attack on Titan

Production I.G. are not the ones who made Attack on Titan though so I don't know why he said that.

Of course feels like a long time coming.  Japanese culture and movies etc had a lot of influence on Star Wars.  And apparently lots of folks who work for Lucasfilm are anime fans, especially in the animation department, I'd imagine.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Have you guys seen this clip?  This looks freakin' awesome!

This guy did a break down of the clip and also mentioned some shows the studios made, which I wrote down.  I haven't seen all these shows so some may be worth checking out before Visions comes out

Kamikaze Douga - 

JoJo
Batman Ninja 

Geno Studio -

Golden Kamuy 

Studio Colorido - 

A Whisker Away
Burn the Witch 

Studio Trigger - 

Kill la Kill
Promare 

Kinema Citrus - 

Made in Abyss
Rising of Shield Hero
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 

Science Saru - 

Devilman Crybaby
Japan Sinks 

Production I.G. - 

Ghost in the Shell
Attack on Titan

Production I.G. are not the ones who made Attack on Titan though so I don't know why he said that.

Of course feels like a long time coming.  Japanese culture and movies etc had a lot of influence on Star Wars.  And apparently lots of folks who work for Lucasfilm are anime fans, especially in the animation department, I'd imagine.

I'm just gonna assume this has something to do with My Hero Academia.

Just now, elfie said:

I'm just gonna assume this has something to do with My Hero Academia.

I posted it here since the opening show thread is like the "hub" here and some people may not have seen the thread in the Anime section or saw the clip on YouTube or social media, and figured some people might be interested in it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I posted it here since the opening show thread is like the "hub" here and some people may not have seen the thread in the Anime section or saw the clip on YouTube or social media, and figured some people might be interested in it.

Yeah, seems like a Star Wars version of the Batman thing we got on Toonami a while back or Animatrix, with all these shorts by various top anime studios. Should be cool.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Okay you know at some point Funimation gon take down that opening disclaimer because it's been OVER a year now and this is become the norm.

Well shouldn't they go back to working in studio soon anyway?  We're over the hill now and covid is on the run.