UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 157 "5-Leaf Clover" Discussion!

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

with black clover leaving toonami in a few months...I Gotta say it's too bad it didn't take off and instead became the filler show on the lineup airing so late that Dallas Reid(Asta Dub VA)couldn't live tweet it anymore

oh yeah, it was fun when saw some of his tweets during the airing, forgot about that back then

Edited by DangerMouse

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/black-clover/five-leaf-clover

This is the last "anime canon" episode.  Next week restarts the "manga canon."  Still not sure what "anime canon" means.

Looks like this will be a flashback recap episode though.

I still think it's odd that the whole point of this filler arc was to fill in a 6 month time skip to cover training and explain things.  But they only have been training for the past few episodes.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/black-clover-announces-first-original-anime-arc-/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

with black clover leaving toonami in a few months...I Gotta say it's too bad it didn't take off and instead became the filler show on the lineup airing so late that Dallas Reid(Asta Dub VA)couldn't live tweet it anymore

This show is still really popular in the U.S. though.  Not really sure why it always got put as the last show before Shittuden at the end of the block.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Still not sure what "anime canon" means.

Looks like this will be a flashback recap episode though.

i'm sure it mean filler.

some people consider downtime episodes as filler. but for me, as long as it's in the manga, it isn't filler. they could be having a damn picnic for an episode, but if it's in the manga, i don't see it as filler

Just now, ben0119 said:

This show is still really popular in the U.S. though.  Not really sure why it always got put as the last show before Shittuden at the end of the block.

it's treated like it's some mediocre sack of crap that toonami regrets now

• Sad 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

i'm sure it mean filler.

some people consider downtime episodes as filler. but for me, as long as it's in the manga, it isn't filler. they could be having a damn picnic for an episode, but if it's in the manga, i don't see it as filler

But on Anime Filler List they had most of these episodes labeled as "anime canon," but the arc with the low magic power people was labeled as straight up filler.  The mangaka was supposed to be somehow involved with the filler.  Maybe the ones called "anime canon" he had a hand in, and the "filler" episodes he didn't?

Just now, ben0119 said:

I don't know about that.  They wouldn't keep airing it if that was the case.

Yeah I don't think that's the case either. Not only do they keep airing, but they gave it more promos like the recent Season 4 promo even though they didn't need to since it's not like seasons matter when we're going straight into it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I don't know about that.  They wouldn't keep airing it if that was the case.

what else would they air in it's place though? It'd probably be a rerun or some older show at this point

A Fresh Series at 1:00 AM doesn't make much sense

I've never seen much evidence that demarco enjoys black clover or gives it much props

they probably picked it up expecting it to be A Major Hit for the block and when it didn't light adultswim on fire

they became disappointed not enough to remove it entirely but enough to demote it to the back of the line

Edited by CountFrylock

I'm still wondering what is going to happen with the Diamond Kingdom.  Eons ago we had an episode, where, after a bunch of their guys got defeated, a "new guard" was taking over and a mysterious leader was introduced whose face we didn't see.

Then after that we never really heard anything about the Diamond Kingdom again until we found out that the Spade Kingdom was rofl-stomping them.

So did Yuki Tabata abandon whatever plans he had for the Diamond Kingdom in favor of the Spade Kingdom?  Or will they be relevant/get involved again somehow?  Maybe Diamond Kingdom people who would have been villains in the past will have to team up with Clover and Heart against Spade now.

15 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i mean, black clover is just naruto with better female characters and tighter world-building...or at least a world-building that hasn't fallen apart halfway through

I don't know if I would go that far.  There are similarities to Naruto, but also Fairy Tail.  And most of the places Naruto failed, Black Clover has done better.  I also like that Black Clover doesn't take itself too seriously.

Asta and Yuno are actually believable as best friends and brothers, as opposed to Naruto and Sasuke who mostly were little shits to each other and had three whole "friendship moments" the show constantly refers back to, along with the characters saying they are best friends. 

So when Sasuke betrays them you don't feel sympathy for Sasuke because he was always an asshole, meaning we don't want him to be "saved from himself," and Naruto and Sasuke's relationship didn't justify Naruto's reaction, coming off like Naruto has lost his shit that a coworker transferred, or that he has romantic feelings for Sasuke (not the author's intent.) 

Everyone else saying Sasuke needs to be thrown in prison or killed are meant to be in the wrong, but it comes off the opposite, and Naruto and Sakura come off as irrational and crazy for wanting to "save Sasuke."

And after that happened, and Sasuke wasn't brought back after the first attempt, that this would be an ongoing thing and a major crux of the show, I knew it would all be downhill from there. 

What's more, even the "good part" of Naruto wasn't as good when I watched it again in recent years.

And yeah the world building and female characters are also terrible lol.

Edited by ben0119