UnevenEdge

Glimpse at Uzumaki Animation, and an address about the delay of the anime

1 hour ago, Jman said:

This is what happens when you have a quarter the budget of your competitor.  This stuff takes time and the last year and a half wasn’t exactly good for production.

Yeah. Production was halted because of the pandemic, which affects everyone in the world, so I don't blame them for that.

• Like 1

It looks really good from that small clip, can't blame them for it being delayed because of the pandemic and him saying they need more staff, I'd rather watch something that takes time to craft the way the creators meant it to be not  something  thats rushed 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, naraku360 said:

As much as I disliked the manga, that looked really good. It's not like the manga was irreparable. If they cut down on the really goofy chapters or raise the main character's IQ 20 points and give her a personality, I could dig it.

So no hair fight in the adaptation?

15 hours ago, naraku360 said:

As much as I disliked the manga, that looked really good. It's not like the manga was irreparable. If they cut down on the really goofy chapters or raise the main character's IQ 20 points and give her a personality, I could dig it.

Having not read the manga or know anything about its length I'm still not really understanding how 4 mini-episodes will be enough to adapt a whole manga?

Looked very good and I don't mind the delay at all if it looks this good. 

Edited by DangerMouse

8 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Having not read the manga or know anything about its length I'm still not really understanding how 4 mini-episodes will be enough to adapt a whole manga?

Looked very good and I don't mind the delay at all if it looks this good. 

It's very episodic. Most chapters are pretty short and simple. There isn't much of an overaching story until like the last quarter of it and it's only 19 chapters.

Short is probably for the better. There are some real dumb chapters that can make the show a lot better by virtue of not being in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's 4 regular-length episodes (30 minute timeslots). And I predict the October 2022 schedule will go something like this:

10/1: Episode 1 Premiere

10/8: Episode 2 Premiere

10/15: Episode 3 Premiere

10/22: Episode 4 Premiere

10/29: Double-Marathon of entire series!

Incidentally, (as is also the case with this year,) DST ends in November. Toonami probably won't show Uzumaki then.

• Like 1