UnevenEdge

Shiba inu puppies are ridiculously expensive right now

bnmjy

6000 dollars on average in my area. Fuck. When I got my shiba inu in 2006, he cost 1.5k, and even that was a bit steep for a dog at the time.

No wonder why dog thefts are on the rise. Of course, this demand is mostly due to the pandemic and won't last . . . meaning many of these dogs will eventually be euthanized. 😭

• Sad 1

Yeah, I'm not even a big animal lover (though I DO love animals more than most people) but that shit pisses me off when there is a new dog trend and then it dies out and no one wants the dogs.  

There was a whole Pomchi craze here a few years back....Then you suddenly see these little fucks, wet, mangy and in the street....I don't think they were necessarily abandoned, but the owners stopped gaf about their care and they became street mutts....I wonder if I go the the local buy/sell page if I can still find people giving away pomchi/chow mix puppies and shit

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bnmjy said:

6000 dollars on average in my area. Fuck. When I got my shiba inu in 2006, he cost 1.5k, and even that was a bit steep for a dog at the time.

No wonder why dog thefts are on the rise. Of course, this demand is mostly due to the pandemic and won't last . . . meaning many of these dogs will eventually be euthanized. 😭

I’m assuming like registered pure breds? Which is all billshit anyways.

I see them all the time in rescues here on the east part of Pa

edit - not puppies tho… u rite

Edited by Sawdamizer
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sieg67 said:

So why are they called Shiba-inu's?

Inu just means dog.

Because that's the name that got popularized in the West, I guess?

Akitas are called Akita inus in Japanese, but nit in English.

• Like 1