UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden gets week"night" run at 5 AM beginning May 3rd; Samurai Jack follows at 5:30!

On 4/25/2021 at 10:07 AM, elfie said:

They're surely going to advertise Toonami during it.

Of course, but it's not going to make the Saturday night run go by any faster.  Why doesn't Demarco at least play 2 episodes on Saturdays?  Why must he prolong our suffering?!

On 5/1/2021 at 9:13 PM, ben0119 said:

Of course, but it's not going to make the Saturday night run go by any faster.  Why doesn't Demarco at least play 2 episodes on Saturdays?  Why must he prolong our suffering?!

They want to air Shippuden once a week for as long as possible. They also don’t want to use more than one slot on Shippuden during Toonami. It’s at 3am anyway. The only shows after it lately have been reruns.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, Sketch said:

They want to air Shippuden once a week for as long as possible. They also don’t want to use more than one slot on Shippuden during Toonami. It’s at 3am anyway. The only shows after it lately have been reruns.

Why do they want to air Shippuden once a week as long as possible?  Are they trying to set some sort of record or something, or just say they aired it for such a period at one episode a week?  And why only one slot?  I know.  I'm just saying, I wish it could go by faster.  And since that last slot is usually reruns anyways they might as well put another Shippuden episode there.

39 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why do they want to air Shippuden once a week as long as possible?  Are they trying to set some sort of record or something, or just say they aired it for such a period at one episode a week?  And why only one slot?  I know.  I'm just saying, I wish it could go by faster.  And since that last slot is usually reruns anyways they might as well put another Shippuden episode there.

People watch Shippuden even at 3am and DeMarco and Austin like it, so they want to keep it on as “fresh content” for many many years.

Right now they buy 52 episodes a year but to double it up they’d have to buy 104. They’d much rather buy 52 episodes of something else for variety’s sake. (or any combination of shorter seasons)

These episodes aren’t streaming dubbed anywhere and most people won’t buy all the DVDs so these episodes are arguably less available than most of what Toonami airs. So that’s another reason to maintain the drip feed.

What benefit is there to doubling it up? There really isn’t one beyond ensuring they can finish it before Toonami is yanked off of the air, but they expect to still be airing Toonami in 2024, so they’re not sweating that.

You could argue it would be better to finish it sooner and move on to something else but people are still watching it and it’s just one slot at 2:30 or 3am, so it makes sense to keep it around. Not just anything will do decently at or after 2:30 in the morning and it’s not really wasting valuable air time.

It would be better to just stop buying more of it entirely because if it’s wasting anything: it is money they could spend on other shows. So it makes more sense to dump it and maybe the entire 3am hour rather than buy 52 more episodes to “premiere” at 3:30 on a Sunday morning. But because people are still watching it week after week, they’re not going to dump it and they’re not gonna speed it up. They have no compelling reason to do either of those things.

Thankfully, Shitpudding is pretty easy to ignore after 2:30am. So I say let the Naruturds have it. I’m much more concerned with DBS reruns wasting the best slot on the block until at least September if not October or even beyond this year.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:24 AM, Sketch said:

People watch Shippuden even at 3am and DeMarco and Austin like it, so they want to keep it on as “fresh content” for many many years.

Right now they buy 52 episodes a year but to double it up they’d have to buy 104. They’d much rather buy 52 episodes of something else for variety’s sake. (or any combination of shorter seasons)

These episodes aren’t streaming dubbed anywhere and most people won’t buy all the DVDs so these episodes are arguably less available than most of what Toonami airs. So that’s another reason to maintain the drip feed.

What benefit is there to doubling it up? There really isn’t one beyond ensuring they can finish it before Toonami is yanked off of the air, but they expect to still be airing Toonami in 2024, so they’re not sweating that.

You could argue it would be better to finish it sooner and move on to something else but people are still watching it and it’s just one slot at 2:30 or 3am, so it makes sense to keep it around. Not just anything will do decently at or after 2:30 in the morning and it’s not really wasting valuable air time.

It would be better to just stop buying more of it entirely because if it’s wasting anything: it is money they could spend on other shows. So it makes more sense to dump it and maybe the entire 3am hour rather than buy 52 more episodes to “premiere” at 3:30 on a Sunday morning. But because people are still watching it week after week, they’re not going to dump it and they’re not gonna speed it up. They have no compelling reason to do either of those things.

Thankfully, Shitpudding is pretty easy to ignore after 2:30am. So I say let the Naruturds have it. I’m much more concerned with DBS reruns wasting the best slot on the block until at least September if not October or even beyond this year.

Well, when you frame it like that, it makes more sense.  If they have to buy it in 52 episode chunks and don't get a better deal for buying more episodes "in bulk."

Shippuden is not streaming dubbed anywhere, really?  That is surprising to hear.

Yeah Super is much more of a waste and an annoyance, I agree.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:56 AM, Sketch said:

Shippuden is streaming some dubbed episodes on Hulu (only there) but it’s less than 150 of 500. Adult Swim’s site / app has 77 episodes currently.

Wow, that is really surprising.  So Demarco really does have a niche on this one, then.