UnevenEdge

I just saw an owl in person for the first time.

Skiles

I was just standing outside smoking, I look up, boom. Owl, just sittin' there in a tree. It was fucking tight. 

I've spent my whole life in a city environment, so there's shit I just don't see ever. I've still never seen a deer live, although I have driven past plenty of Deer Crossing signs while driving out of town. However, I guess in that case, not seeing a deer is probably for the best. I'm not trying to annihilate my car via the body of a giant creature like a deer. But seeing an owl in the flesh like that was pretty sweet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skiles said:

I was just standing outside smoking, I look up, boom. Owl, just sittin' there in a tree. It was fucking tight. 

I've spent my whole life in a city environment, so there's shit I just don't see ever. I've still never seen a deer live, although I have driven past plenty of Deer Crossing signs while driving out of town. However, I guess in that case, not seeing a deer is probably for the best. I'm not trying to annihilate my car via the body of a giant creature like a deer. But seeing an owl in the flesh like that was pretty sweet.

Did it steal your Tootsie Pop after claiming to inform you on how many licks it took to get to the center of it and then just chomp it?

So there's canyons all around San Diego and the first time I saw a deer it was in the parking lot at work and it probably weighed 500 pounds. Jez asked me how many points and I didn't know what that meant and then I wondered why I should care how many antler points are on it. 

But it was probably an 87 point buck.

18 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

87 Points?!  Was it like 500 pounds and 8' tall?

It actually was probably closer to seven feet tall, it was easy to see it was taller than me and really enormous. A cow of a deer. I'm not even sure if I would shoot it from a hunting perspective, it was such a grand animal I'd rather it live.

Edited by RainyDayJizz#35