UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 136 Discussion

CountFrylock

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Well it was not a bad episode to leave off on, actually.  It wasn't a cliffhanger or the middle of an arc.  And there was a little bit of a retrospective and an idea of the characters taking a break at this beach.

Yeah, that was really good that we didn't end up starting a new multipart thing tonight with it going on break for a bit.

A nice little Noelle ep.

• Like 1

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

I think it's painfully obvious to me there's a much better reason why it's going on hiatus.

tell me why would they say nothing about black clover when it's taking a break to dub more episodes?

they gain nothing by not mentioning it

imagine if when golden wind went on break to dub more episodes they said nothing at all about it...and it was just casually removed for ballmasterz

2 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

all i ask for is that demarco and company say it's taking a break to dub more episodes....otherwise how can i be sure it'll return if toonami can't even be bothered to say it's a taking a break in the first place?

I could try asking him.  Do you think he would be more responsive on ask.fm or his twitter?  It is pretty lame that they did not say anything about it at all.

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Work's already begun on the next "season"

I never realized Micah Solusud was Asian since I had not seen what he looked like until a few months ago when I was looking up some of the Black Clover VAs.  And maybe I am remembering poorly but it doesn't seem like he sounds the same for Soul from Soul Eater as he does for Yuno.  Back then I used to say he would be a good stand-in or replacement for Johnny Yong Bosch, if need be.  It was funny too since people always used to call Soul Eater Bleach Lite, haha.  Dallas Reid and Reid and Jill Harris are a couple, actually.  I don't know if their relationship started from working together on Black Clover or not, but hopefully this will be "foreshadowing" and their characters will get together too lol.

Good to hear they are still going to be working on the series.  I hope it will not be gone from Toonami for too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I could try asking him.  Do you think he would be more responsive on ask.fm or his twitter?  It is pretty lame that they did not say anything about it at all.

i don't think he really uses his ask.fm account much anymore  so I'd say twitter

and yeah it's really lame they said nothing at all

i can't even figure out what prompted them to avoid saying "black clover's taking a break but don't worry it'll return!"

if you have plans to bring it back then don't leave people to assume it isn't coming back because you chose to say nothing about it's departure from the block

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Back then I used to say he would be a good stand-in or replacement for Johnny Yong Bosch, if need be.  It was funny too since people always used to call Soul Eater Bleach Lite, haha. 

Dallas Reid and Reid and Jill Harris are a couple, actually.  I don't know if their relationship started from working together on Black Clover or not, but hopefully this will be "foreshadowing" and their characters will get together too lol.

Yeah me too, I remember thinking he did too when first started.
And that it'd be cool that he'd be capable of doing that if there were ever some kind of cameo of one of his characters in a new show Funi might pick up, back when it was seemingly impossible they could ever get JYB, both due to location and due to union/non-union dubs. Before they were able to start getting him on rare occasion.

It's still funny and damn cool that Micah played the son of Renton and Eureka in Eureka Seven AO lol.

Oh yeah I remember reading that about Dallas Reid and Jill Harris I think back when the dub cast was announced lol.

Edited by DangerMouse

29 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

i don't think he really uses his ask.fm account much anymore  so I'd say twitter

and yeah it's really lame they said nothing at all

i can't even figure out what prompted them to avoid saying "black clover's taking a break but don't worry it'll return!"

if you have plans to bring it back then don't leave people to assume it isn't coming back because you chose to say nothing about it's departure from the block

I barely use Twitter at all.  How do you tweet at Demarco?  Do you just write a tweet and put their tag in it?  I thought there used to be a button on a person's profile to tweet them.

Yeah it is dumb.  They should know by now it's only going to cause worry and confusion if they don't say anything!

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah me too, I remember thinking he did too when first started.
And that it'd be cool that he'd be capable of doing that if there were ever some kind of cameo of one of his characters in a new show Funi might pick up, back when it was seemingly impossible they could ever get JYB, both due to location and due to union/non-union dubs. Before they were able to start getting him on rare occasion.

It's still funny and cool that Micah played the son of Renton and Eureka in Eureka Seven AO lol.

Oh yeah I remember reading that about Dallas Reid and Jill Harris I think back when the dub cast was announced lol.

Yeah something like that, or Johnny Yong Bosch couldn't return to voice one of his characters for whatever reason.  So that is the reason.  Why is it easier for VAs to appear for companies now when it was difficult for them in the past?  I can't imagine the union stuff loosening up.  I don't know if using different stage names like some VAs did was a way to get around this.  I never was clear on how all that worked, except that the VAs seemed to be segregated from each other and it wasn't just one big pool.  Location would obviously be less of an issue in more recent years.

Oh I didn't realize that lol.  I never watched AO, though.  I heard it was bad.  Neither ASA or Toonami ever got AO either, maybe for that reason.

Oh were they already together beforehand?  haha.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I barely use Twitter at all.  How do you tweet at Demarco?  Do you just write a tweet and put their tag in it?  I thought there used to be a button on a person's profile to tweet them.

Yeah it is dumb.  They should know by now it's only going to cause worry and confusion if they don't say anything!

pretty much you can even go to the person's account and hit "tweet" to already have they're handle included

especially since black clover's been on toonami for nearly 3 years!....it's been a consistent part of the regular line up and so having it disappear without a word from demarco and company makes zero sense

they informed people that jojo's bizarre adventure golden wind would be taking a temporary break when it needed time to dub more episodes

so why is it so hard to do the same for black clover?

and it's not just black clover  there's a halloween marathon next week yet there wasn't a mention of that at all tonight...not even one promo

40 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

pretty much you can even go to the person's account and hit "tweet" to already have they're handle included

especially since black clover's been on toonami for nearly 3 years!....it's been a consistent part of the regular line up and so having it disappear without a word from demarco and company makes zero sense

they informed people that jojo's bizarre adventure golden wind would be taking a temporary break when it needed time to dub more episodes

so why is it so hard to do the same for black clover?

and it's not just black clover  there's a halloween marathon next week yet there wasn't a mention of that at all tonight...not even one promo

I see that now.  I thought that button was just for making a generic tweet and didn't realize it would tweet to that person.  It is in a separate section from where the person's account page is, on the left hand side of the page  They must have moved some things around.  I sent the tweet and this is what I wrote -

So is Black Clover taking a hiatus until more episodes can be dubbed by Funimation?  Will it be back?  The show was taken off without any announcement whatsoever, which is odd given the series has been on Toonami for 3 years.

Yeah I don't get it at all.  I can see if they weren't able to make an announcement for TV given current working conditions, but they should have been able at least post something in simple text or picture form online.

Yeah that is really odd.  Maybe they weren't able to make that in time because of covid.  Or maybe they assume everyone will assume it won't be the usual schedule because it's Halloween.  But at the same time, Halloween parties and Trick or Treating are being discouraged and with good reason, right now.  At most all people will do is stay at home and watch horror movies, which is what a lot of people have already been doing.  So it's not like that many less people would be watching the block.  I don't think it's a buy for time again since they took Black Clover off, and they probably waited until all the SAO episodes were dubbed so they didn't have a repeat of what happened with MHA and JoJo.  So I don't see the logic for the marathon, much less the logic for not even announcing it on TV.

15 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I see that now.  I thought that button was just for making a generic tweet and didn't realize it would tweet to that person.  It is in a separate section from where the person's account page is, on the left hand side of the page  They must have moved some things around.  I sent the tweet and this is what I wrote -

So is Black Clover taking a hiatus until more episodes can be dubbed by Funimation?  Will it be back?  The show was taken off without any announcement whatsoever, which is odd given the series has been on Toonami for 3 years.

Yeah I don't get it at all.  I can see if they weren't able to make an announcement for TV given current working conditions, but they should have been able at least post something in simple text or picture form online.

Yeah that is really odd.  Maybe they weren't able to make that in time because of covid.  Or maybe they assume everyone will assume it won't be the usual schedule because it's Halloween.  But at the same time, Halloween parties and Trick or Treating are being discouraged and with good reason, right now.  At most all people will do is stay at home and watch horror movies, which is what a lot of people have already been doing.  So it's not like that many less people would be watching the block.  I don't think it's a buy for time again since they took Black Clover off, and they probably waited until all the SAO episodes were dubbed so they didn't have a repeat of what happened with MHA and JoJo.  So I don't see the logic for the marathon, much less the logic for not even announcing it on TV.

if they don't say anything about black clover then that might tempt some fans to simply subscribe to funimation's service instead of waiting for a return that not happen...because let's say it does return in january

that's a long time for BC Fans to wait when they could simply just watch those dubbed episodes on funimation's site rather than wait for toonami to air them

and yeah i don't really see the logic for the marathon especially since fire force season 2 has 10 episodes currently dubbed...so I'm really trying to come up with an explanation for why a  marathon was even scheduled for halloween

what makes all of this extra odd is the assassination classroom next episode promo mentioned "assassination classroom will return in 2 weeks" however it was never mentioned on air why that would be the case

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1