UnevenEdge

Anyone remember reading Shivers books?

NaBarney

7 hours ago, Ric said:

Vaguely, don't actually remember the content of the books but know I had a few(almost positive I had The Thing in Room 601) . Same with Deadtime Stories.

5164YR9S5JL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Gf2rUcU7z4CSgdYURwkxLiTcHwniXJctzYABdra5

WOOOOWWW I had forgotten all about these! I had a couple Deadtime stories but I feel like I didn't like them as much. Definitely going to look at covers to try to jog my memory

On 9/15/2020 at 12:38 AM, NNN said:

I only read fear street. 

Fear Street was great. Some hot legal teen makeout scenes. Shadyside High. I liked the history of Fear Street stuff. There was a three part saga that took place in like settler times that featured the Fear family who were always briefly referenced when the books would describe some part of the town's history. Simon Fear's burned mansion. I also had a big 3 in 1, three part book about an evil house or something that I remember being good. And I still vividly remember the novel Trapped, some kids in detention find a trap door in the drama theater and explore the hidden catacombs beneath the school. They find a bricked off tunnel, made red bricks newer than all the old stone. And there was one about a night game of tag or hide and seek in Fear Woods with an evil ghost kid. Good shit. 

On 9/12/2020 at 5:46 AM, BlackNoir said:

Nah, I was into hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.

I liked the hardy boys but that was more action-detective machismo than scary. Frank and Joe could take any criminal. Chet with his jalopy. The Hardys' Jonas Venture ass dad. Can't remember their teenage muscle stud friend's name who would often bail them out of jams by showing up swinging. I only read one nancy drew about a spiral staircase or something and didn't like it. 

Edited by NaBarney

23 minutes ago, NaBarney said:

Fear Street was great. Some hot legal teen makeout scenes. Shadyside High. I liked the history of Fear Street stuff. There was a three part saga that took place in like settler times that featured the Fear family who were always briefly referenced when the books would describe some part of the town's history. Simon Fear's burned mansion. I also had a big 3 in 1, three part book about an evil house or something that I remember being good. And I still vividly remember the novel Trapped, some kids in detention find a trap door in the drama theater and explore the hidden catacombs beneath the school. They find a bricked off tunnel, made red bricks newer than all the old stone. And there was one about a night game of tag or hide and seek in Fear Woods with an evil ghost kid. Good shit. 

I remember that Hide and Shriek one, it was part of that Ghosts of Fear Street series but was more for the Goosebumps age group or maybe inbetween the two. I didn't read many of those. I now suddenly remember the Fear Street Seniors series though, I was really into those. If I recall, almost the whole class died by the end. lol

Fear-Street-Seniors-R-L-Stine-Book-1-12.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:56 AM, NaBarney said:

it's been too long...20 years or so too long...

ill make sure to stock up, reread, and force my offspring to digest the horror and tragedy within. haha. 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:57 AM, NaBarney said:

Oh shit apparently Netflix is set to drop a trilogy of Fear Street movies next year wtf

the hell you say? ill check that out!