UnevenEdge

For reasons, Netflix is now making a Splinter Cell anime

Jman

The whole thing just reminds me of that very, very brief phase in the mid 2000’s where franchises that had nothing to do with anime suddenly got anime.  Like Highlander.  They made a Highlander anime and it was the best thing to happen to the franchise since the TV show ended, but it was a one and done.

A buddy of mine is a major fan of the SC games, even now he'll go back and play the original ones that were released on PS2 and GC. I like them as well but I've never been that much into them. I'll likely watch this with him whenever it comes out, but honestly I'd rather they give the SC games a full on modern day remaster, from the original SC all the way to Double Agent. Michael Ironside retired years ago, but he's the one true voice of Sam Fisher, will be real nice if they could get him to come back for this, more so if they do remaster the games and could get him to come back for them.

20 hours ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

A buddy of mine is a major fan of the SC games, even now he'll go back and play the original ones that were released on PS2 and GC. I like them as well but I've never been that much into them. I'll likely watch this with him whenever it comes out, but honestly I'd rather they give the SC games a full on modern day remaster, from the original SC all the way to Double Agent. Michael Ironside retired years ago, but he's the one true voice of Sam Fisher, will be real nice if they could get him to come back for this, more so if they do remaster the games and could get him to come back for them.

How is he retired? He was just Darkseid in Harley Quinn and was Sam Fisher in Ghost Recon from 2019.

I’ll admit, I’m hoping for Ironside.

And after watching the unfunny piece of crap that was Star Trek Lower Decks, I kind of get why Netflix goes the anime route.  If they had Star Trek we would probably see an anime based on Star Trek Elite Force.

Just hoping the writing is good on Splinter Cell.