UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 305 Discussion

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN EPISODE 305 DISCUSSION

The Vengeful

Ino and Shino continue their efforts to keep their teammates alive in the hope of buying time for their souls to be located and recovered. Meanwhile, within the barrier, the battle wages on between the Sound Four and the members of the former Sasuke Recovery Team.

shikamaru-and-others-standing.jpg

Last week's battle in the Fourth Shinobi World War continues.

Toonami on Adult Swim @ 2:30AM

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Just now, Roymustang1990 said:

What revenge did the sound four have against naruto? He barely fought against any of them besides kimimaro

Yeah I get them having some beef with the old squad they fought but I don't recall much of Naruto

• Thanks 1

It's annoying how easy it is to seamlessly slip filler into this arc.  Did Kishimoto write it that way on purpose? :D Hell, this whole dumb war arc is filler in and of itself, as we've learned, forced upon Kishimoto by his editors.  That explains why most of the Akatsuki were dead or defeated by this point, and why the good guys have no one to fight but a bunch of clones and dead guys.

Wow they actually said BALLS.

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I get them having some beef with the old squad they fought but I don't recall much of Naruto

Looks like a case of the director just wanting the writers to finally wrap  up this  whole squad fight as fast as possible so they brought naruto in

And naruto  probably could have a fight against kimimaro again but I guess the writers figured what's even the point when no enemy so far has been about to match naruto's strength 

Edited by Roymustang1990

3 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Looks like a case of the director just wanting the writers to finally wrap  up this  whole squad fight as fast as possible so they brought naruto in

And naruto  probably could have a fight against kimimaro again but I guess the writers figured what's even the point when no enemy so far has been about to match naruto's strength 

That could be lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

xD

And this whole squad fight could have gone on for maybe 1 or 2 more episodes,I could see kiba,neji,shikamaru,or chouji pulling out a new secret filler exclusive jutsu the last couple of minutes just to finished off the powered up sound four

This whole squad fight  rematch just ended unsatisfying

Edited by Roymustang1990

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

And this whole squad fight could have gone on for maybe 1 or 2 more episodes,I could see kiba,neji,shikamaru,or chouji pulling out a new secret filler exclusive jutsu the last couple of minutes just to finished off the powered up sound four

Yeah I'm surprised we didn't get those showdowns.

5 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Which made the sound four powering up pointless in the end

but yeah me too,I would have preferred those showdowns to happen over naruto just op stomping them like they were nothing

Yeah I wouldn't have minded an extra episode to get those to more properly finish off this little mini battle since we spent time on setting it up.

The last two eps being a little battle within the war weren't too bad since it featured a different group in the present having an extra fight in the war.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I wouldn't have minded an extra episode to get those to more properly finish off this little mini battle since we spent time on setting it up.

The last two eps being a little battle within the war weren't too bad since it featured a different group in the present having an extra fight in the war.

And the director really could made it happen in that fashion considering how awkwardly placed alot of the filler episodes were,like how a filler episode came just before the whole fourth  great ninja war began.what a way to buzzkill alot of people excitement at the start  of the arc haha

But yeah,it was a good throwback to nostalgia, sort of reminded me how much more strategic fights were back then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

And the director really could made it happen in that fashion considering how awkwardly placed alot of the filler episodes were,like how a filler episode came just before the whole fourth  great ninja war began.what a way to buzzkill alot of people excitement at the start  of the arc haha

But yeah,it was a good throwback to nostalgia, sort of reminded me how much more strategic fights were back then

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that that was really strange timing for that filler back then, since they could have done it some other way. It's true, filler with extra encounters by the side squads would be a better use. 
If I remember correctly, Bleach also weirdly had all that filler right around the build up to Ichigo vs Aizen breaking up the momentum.

Yeah.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

It's annoying how easy it is to seamlessly slip filler into this arc.  Did Kishimoto write it that way on purpose? :D Hell, this whole dumb war arc is filler in and of itself, as we've learned, forced upon Kishimoto by his editors.  That explains why most of the Akatsuki were dead or defeated by this point, and why the good guys have no one to fight but a bunch of clones and dead guys.

Wow they actually said BALLS.

Yeah it's kinda weird how easy it seems to be to slip in filler, and it'd help if they took better advantage of when they split them over a couple of eps.

They could have fleshed out some of these filler fights to add some extra accomplishments to these other teams rather than just pace them slower to draw out their length.

Edited by DangerMouse