UnevenEdge

looks like Ballmasters S2 will air this saturday

55 minutes ago, elfie said:

lol I love how deMarco responds "looks like it", as though he isn't aware of what's going on in HIS BLOCK and that this is the first time he's finding this out.

He makes it sound like Viz ghosted them and this was a last minute discovery

did he really think The Jojo Episodes were just gonna magically appear one day without him knowing?

• Haha 1

this wouldn't be so bad if we actually got updates from Viz When the stuff was finished instead of waiting for toonami to tell us it's back...

because they'll just wait until the very last minute to tell us "Oh Jeez looks like Jojo's Still Not Back  I Guess We'll have to throw in another filler rerun series"

the only update we've heard regarding the golden wind dub was at the anime expo lite virtual convention on twitch where ray chase and Philip Reich commented on how the dub was practically wrapped up

sure they could have meant they were done with the dub while everyone else wasn't or that there were still adjustments to be made in post-production

but we don't know because they weren't anymore specific than that and since that's the only update we've received about the golden wind dub

some took that to mean it would be coming back soon...however with this news we can see now that isn't the case and Jojo's nowhere near ready to return

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

nowhere near that.....it's something to be disappointed about

because it means five more weeks of ballmasterz and five more weeks without jojo

No it doesn't mean 5 more weeks without JoJo! We have 12:30 opening up on August 2nd and 1 AM on August 9th. JoJo has aired in both of those timeslots before, so it could return in one of those timeslots now. It doesn't necessarily have to come back at 2 AM!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

No it doesn't mean 5 more weeks without JoJo! We have 12:30 opening up on August 2nd and 1 AM on August 9th. JoJo has aired in both of those timeslots before, so it could return in one of those timeslots now. It doesn't necessarily have to come back at 2 AM!

You really think they'd announce "Hey Jojo's Back" at the virtual convention?

3 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

YES.

Or if not THAT it's back, then WHEN it will be back. There's almost no excuse not to.

and what if there's no jojo news at the virtual convention?

I Wouldn't go expecting anything in particular to be announced at that convention

You'll potentially leave disappointed

i expect PA And Mob to be replaced with bebop and fooly cooly

that's my expectation and i don't set it any higher

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

and what if there's no jojo news at the virtual convention?

I Wouldn't go expecting anything in particular to be announced at that convention

You'll potentially leave disappointed

i expect PA And Mob to be replaced with bebop and fooly cooly

that's my expectation and i don't set it any higher

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think I have to set it a notch higher than that.

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think I have to set it a notch higher than that.

if you have low expectations then you can't be disappointed by what's announced

I Just Can't go into the virtual convention with anything higher than "both slots are reruns" without risking major disappointment

19 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I won't be disappointed if one of them is a rerun, but BOTH will still disappoint me, especially since we've got new Fire Force and SAOAWOU in the world.

Fire Force S2 won't be on toonami for a long time

no way they announce that at the virtual con

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

Fire Force S2 won't be on toonami for a long time

no way they announce that at the virtual con

I'm not so sure. YES, Episode 3's dub didn't come out today, but by the time Fire Force comes out to replace either Paranoia Agent or Mob Psycho 100 (if it does), it should have a few more episodes out. And don't forget Toonami DOES have marathon possibilities in the fall that would keep a show that's dubbing about 3 episodes a month from needing to take a break.