UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-12-20

Goku = immune to energy beam that causes more damage the more evil the person is, because he has a pure heart (also this character could have beaten literally every villain in the series with this power.)

Also, Goku from Super, quasi-sociopathic.

• Like 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

OC done by plagueofgrapes

Goku's mom's name is Gine. We still never got to see Vegeta's mom

1548108068363.jpg

Goku's_mother.png

tumblr_pm5obl8XIb1s62t6p_540.jpg

Thanks.

Eh, the fan art version of her with Raditz hair is better.  I can't remember if it was in DBZ Beckett Collector magazine, or what.  I'll look later.

Yeah I've seen them before. It would have made more sense, but they changed it to Teen Gohan's haircut. Also made her half retarded like Goku, because they wanted to retcon Goku hitting his head and just give him the full superman treatment; and he inherited his kindness from his mother. Then it kinda adds that Bardock was more like Raditz, because she's begging him not to launch their son into space and that he's never cared about the children before this. They also retcon some of the lore or just made bardock a special case in keeping his mate. I think she even has a line apologizing for being weak, and knew he didn't have to stay with her. 

Most fan stuff though prior to that had the mother either being Fasha, or that she would have looked and acted more like Raditz, as dbz bardock was different than he is now. 

230.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Yeah I've seen them before. It would have made more sense, but they changed it to Teen Gohan's haircut. Also made her half retarded like Goku, because they wanted to retcon Goku hitting his head and just give him the full superman treatment; and he inherited his kindness from his mother. Then it kinda adds that Bardock was more like Raditz, because she's begging him not to launch their son into space and that he's never cared about the children before this. They also retcon some of the lore or just made bardock a special case in keeping his mate. I think she even has a line apologizing for being weak, and knew he didn't have to stay with her. 

Most fan stuff though prior to that had the mother either being Fasha, or that she would have looked and acted more like Raditz, as dbz bardock was different than he is now. 

230.jpg

That sounds terrible.

As far as I'm concerned, none of this Super shit is canon.  I don't care what senile/forgetful/retcon-happy Toriyama says.  I swear he is like the J.K Rowling of anime.  The series is over, Toriyama!  None of the nonsense you say in interviews or posts is canon, neither is this Super crap!

Edited by ben0119
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That sounds terrible.

As far as I'm concerned, none of this Super shit is canon.  I don't care what senile/forgetful/retcon happy Toriyama says.  I swear he is like the J.K Rowling of anime.  The series is over, Toriyama!  None of the nonsense you say in interviews or posts is canon, neither is this Super crap!

I'll put up with it for the saiyan females. Though yeah a lot of what Toriyama does is fucking annoying. Most of what he said though about saiyan relationships was in an interview. That the main reason Goku is still with Chichi is that she won't leave "his" house. This is also the same idiot though that said he had to get rid of the saiyan's tails because he couldn't figure out how they'd put pants on. Then makes a bunch of alien races covered in spikes and shit, and just shoe horns in that they have clothes that can stretch. 

1514505229527.png

1548817519229.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I'll put up with it for the saiyan females. Though yeah a lot of what Toriyama does is fucking annoying. Most of what he said though about saiyan relationships was in an interview. That the main reason Goku is still with Chichi is that she won't leave "his" house. This is also the same idiot though that said he had to get rid of the saiyan's tails because he couldn't figure out how they'd put pants on. Then makes a bunch of alien races covered in spikes and shit, and just shoe horns in that they have clothes that can stretch. 

1514505229527.png

1548817519229.gif

Yeah, Toriyama is full of crap and possibly senile, and Super ruins Goku's character, but Super does have its good points.

:)

2256595fd0cfda3d9a74f16dab0d357f.jpg

Man, I should've looked up fan art for Super a while ago haha.

I can make lemonade out of lemons with this re-airing.  I am going through my hard drive and found lots of funny and interesting Dragon Ball stuff I can post in this thread.  I even found documents dating to 2002 with dozens if not over a hundred old DBZ fan sites!  I wonder how many of them still work? :P

• Like 2