UnevenEdge

MHA's weekday run on adultswim ends next monday

I suspect MHA will still air sometime on Saturday. This lasted a bit longer than I expected but given it didn’t even last for the whole series up to this point, it probably didn’t do great. I guess we’ll never see those ratings though.

6 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

Yeah It Probably failed horribly otherwise i don't really see why they would return to bobs burgers reruns of all things  before S3 even finished on the weekday run

It’s entirely possible they got pressured to swap Bobs to 8pm because American Dad is often TV-14. And along with that they decided to move encores of Bob from the middle of the night to 5am for a similar reason. Bob’s is the most PG sitcom they have and MHA pushes TV-14 often.

It’s not unlikely that someone finally decided taking TV-14 shows out of the 8pm and 5am hour was more important than using Bobs where it would usually get better ratings.

So it might not just be a performance issue for MHA.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:01 AM, CountFrylock said:

if that's the case then really adult swim should start later as they don't exactly have a lot of family friendly content to keep that up....

it's called adultswim for a reason and most of the originals they do have aren't tame

This isn't an issue of starting early enough so much as sharing channel space with Cartoon Network. No matter what, [as] has tended to place shows that aren't TV-MA in its first hour, because some kids may still be watching the channel at this time. But on the other hand, they've had no problem airing Rick and Morty in the 8:00 p.m. hour, and some of what that show can get away with under a TV-14 is egregious. This also loosely explains why they still edit their shows to censor the worst swears and sexual content, even if there's no reason to on any network. That's what the watershed was invented for, after all.

Edited by Blatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

This isn't an issue of starting early enough so much as sharing channel space with Cartoon Network. No matter what, [as] has tended to place shows that aren't TV-MA in its first hour, because some kids may still be watching the channel at this time. But on the other hand, they've had no problem airing Rick and Morty in the 8:00 p.m. hour, and some of what that show can get away with under a TV-14 is egregious. This also loosely explains why they still edit their shows to censor the worst swears and sexual content, even if there's no reason to on any network. That's what the watershed was invented for, after all.

and like i said the problem i see is that they don't really have enough shows that can be considered tame enough to air at 7:00 PM/8:00 PM

even if you look through adult swim's entire library you wouldn't be able to find much that you could easily show children without parents having a tantrum and complaining about it

They just can't help themselves lol. Once again a rerun gets pretty far and then gets stopped just before finishing lol, since they started from the beginning and just finished the All Might fight this morning so they only had like 13 eps left to go to finish the whole S3 lol.

Since S4 probably gets a Toonami rerun instead.

Edited by DangerMouse

15 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

What about their shows from '01-'04, from back when TV-MA wasn't a possibility?

Most of those don't even do well enough to air at 8pm or 5:30am. They've tried Space Ghost, Birdman, Brak, Sealab and Home Movies in those slots and they never managed to survive. The bar is low these days but it apparently still isn't that low. They still have Bob's Burgers until I believe Fall of 2023 but once they lose Family Guy in Fall of 2021 they really ought to give up the 8pm hour to avoid stretching their higher rated programming too thin. Either that or give it to reruns of anime since CN isn't going to make good use of the additional hour anyway.

I really hope to see something like this in Fall of 2021

08:00 - My Hero Academia
08:30 - Dragon Ball Super / Z Kai / Various short anime
09:00 - American Dad Hour
10:00 - Bob's Burgers Hour
11:00 - Rick & Morty Hour
12:00 - Various Originals
12:15 - Various Originals
12:30 - Various Originals
12:45 - Various Originals
01:00 - Various Half Hour Originals
01:30 - Venture Bros.