UnevenEdge

Maybe the reason we can't see any aliens is...

Lasty

13 minutes ago, Lasty said:

There are too many variables; for all we know, diamonds are useless to them. You're missing my point big time, there, bud...

But a diamond is a woman's best friend, maybe some alien guy out there working a 9 to 5 every day decides he wants to do something nice for his girl, so he goes to a planet made of diamond and brings her back one the size of their house that way he can get some alien pussy, or what they simply call pussy.

17 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

But a diamond is a woman's best friend, maybe some alien guy out there working a 9 to 5 every day decides he wants to do something nice for his girl, so he goes to a planet made of diamond and brings her back one the size of their house that way he can get some alien pussy, or what they simply call pussy.

Maybe. Maybe not. We could also be totally alone in the universe.

9 hours ago, Lasty said:

I wouldn't go about underestimating human beings...

Not possible. Believe me I've tried, but somehow people always manage to fall short of my very low expectations. Any aliens that came to earth, especially right now, I expect would be extremely disappointed with what they found, so I'd say people are actually quite fortunate that none have revealed themselves to us... yet.

1 minute ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Not possible. Believe me I've tried, but somehow people always manage to fall short of my very low expectations. Any aliens that came to earth, especially right now, I expect would be extremely disappointed with what they found, so I'd say people are actually quite fortunate that none have revealed themselves to us... yet.

I don't think you're coming at this from the correct angle.... Aliens observing us would be like our biologists studying.... well, whatever it is they study out in the wild. They'd find us fascinating in how primitive and stupid we are.

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I don't think you're coming at this from the correct angle.... Aliens observing us would be like our biologists studying.... well, whatever it is they study out in the wild. They'd find us fascinating in how primitive and stupid we are.

Realistically I'd imagine that's what humans would do.

Lets say some hundred to a thousand years from now we were the highly advanced race, about to travel the stars with faster than light travel. The best thing for us to do would be not interact with an upcoming alien species, to let them grow on their own. But at the same time we very likely would watch and observe them since knowledge is greatly desired. Just as with a bunch of folks taking some trip to the African safari or whatever to study and watch animal species, there would be humans that in this scenario would want to watch and study this primitive alien race. That does raise the question though, maybe all the alien sighting stories sprinkled throughout history did happen.

That reminds me of one of those shows that airs on the Science channel I saw years ago, that was talking about some tribe in I think South America that were very well informed on many things, them claiming some race (don't remember what they said the name was that they were told) shared a lot of astronomical things with them, them saying that the alien race came from Sirius C star, this being long before even Sirius B star was discovered, and to our current point right now they say they can't find a third star, however there are irregularities with the orbits of Sirius A and B stars, the math pointing to there being a strong likelihood of there being a third star.

Perhaps aliens have visited us in the past when and because we lacked electricity and any decent technology and so on, them able to do just about whatever they wanted as far as observations goes without alarming the whole planet, but maybe because we're now a modern species with electricity and better technology and so on, they're not likely to drop by again.

14 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

The protestors in Hong Kong? Scientists pleading for the protection of the environment?  No good signs at all, huh? You know, humans aren't total garbage; just the misanthropes who give up.  ^__^

3 minutes ago, Lasty said:

The protestors in Hong Kong? Scientists pleading for the protection of the environment?  No good signs at all, huh? You know, humans aren't total garbage; just the misanthropes who give up.  ^__^

If you ask me the real reason we haven't seen any aliens is they more than likely checked out our internet to know what kind of species we are and deemed that we're complete fucking weirdos, and a lot of us would want to fuck them.

8 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

If you ask me the real reason we haven't seen any aliens is they more than likely checked out our internet to know what kind of species we are and deemed that we're complete fucking weirdos, and a lot of us would want to fuck them.

If they had seen the internet they would have seen all the scientific collaboration and perhaps found it reason enough not to judge. Maybe the aliens want to fuck some humans, too, for all we know. That's how we came out the way we did if you ascribe to the ancient astronaut hypothesis. Anyways, you guys are assuming a lot about alien psychology when our sample size of intelligent species is one, which in scientific terms is woefully insufficient to make definitive claims. I'd like to remind everyone that this is all highly speculative and just for fun.

Edited by Lasty

On 5/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, Distinct Lunatic said:

In my humble opinion that nihilistic attitude is complete shit, and says wonders about you as a person. At least other atheists argue in favor of living their lives fully, or doing things to better our lives and so on, but that pessimistic and nihilistic way I see as the worst, making one not far off from being a mass murderer.

i don't think its shit, i'm just going by human history from what we have recorded so far. seeing as we are a species of amnesia, and the fact that a lot of knowledge is hidden from the general public (as much as resources and wealth), we will forever be at a disadvantage - completely in the dark. btw im not an atheist, or a theist. like i said im areligious meaning no affiliation with those principals. maybe i didn't communicate well enough, so what i meant was if there is a "god" (technologically advanced aliens, 5th dimensional beings, whatever's described in literature, etc.) that's great, but where are we now with it? if there isn't a "god" the idea of it has lead us to the same place imo, and that's all i was saying. i understand some people need it, and that's fine. those who don't that's fine too. the course of our genetic history vs. our environment will produce the same product. 

better your life, and live it to the fullest. or don't. it's your life. personally, i prefer to enjoy life. 

sorry for the late reply i don't frequent here often enough

Edited by NNN
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 8:35 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Time is nothing but a construct created by man.

Reveal hidden contents

Am I now your religion's version of Satan?

On 5/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, SwimModSponges said:
  Hide contents

My religion  doesn't have one of those. Yaweh be all like "All this is pre-determined but you still have free will, and here's a dude that's here to tempt you, just for the fun of it." whereas Akatosh says "Hey, this current moment is just one part of a psysical 4D construct, so yeah it's all pre-determined full stop."

Damn bro this really is a thing. @Doom Metal Alchemist You've always seemed like a pretty good dude but I know you can be the best Satan that ever was. Stick it to this lame as Doctor Who cop out brothah, and be excellent. 

image.jpg

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, Lasty said:

Misanthrope is just another word for realist. I've just never been very good at ignoring unpleasant things, and I honestly wish I was better at it and could be more happy go lucky about life, but like Popeye said, I am who I am and that's all who I am, and I'm fine with that. Those things you mentioned pale in comparison to the collective humany history of war, slavery, rape, murder and other human atrocities committed through the ages, all of which is still going on to this day though admittedly to a lesser degree for now. While I think the world is in a slightly better place than it used to be, I can't help but think human beings haven't really come very far in the time we've been here. Granted, human history is but a blink in the eye of universe.