UnevenEdge

Finally getting around to watching Archer Season 10

Someone mentionedthat S11 would be out soon and I realized I didn't even see 10 yet.  S9 really left a bad taste in my mouth and I completely forgot about it.  Just on Ep 2, and I guess so far I like it better than 9 but I guess I'll just never get over how it just jumped the rails into Archer's fantasy worlds with the same jokes redone in a different era.

But now I'm just watching it for what it is, because I'm out of shit to watch.  Why is Pam The Thing....I mean, she's still easily the most likable character despite this, but it's just so odd.  At least Cheryl isn't completely useless this time around....So far.

Anyway, back to my own little slice of hell.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I watched the 1st episode when it came out. 

Vice was decent, but i wasn't a fan of the premise of this season so i dropped it real quick like. 

Meh, I'm easily entertained even when I hate something....It's like my thing.

2 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Yeah, this season hates itself....It's trying to nod to how asinine the series has become but in the most cringy way possible....Also, I hate that Ray is the useless one this go around.....He was Awesome X.

Series usually fall pretty hard after season 4 or 5. 

Any show that can keep it going that long is a unicorn in and of itself already; it's not surprising that the luster has dimmed.

44 minutes ago, TrylSyz said:

Series usually fall pretty hard after season 4 or 5. 

Any show that can keep it going that long is a unicorn in and of itself already; it's not surprising that the luster has dimmed.

The last "fight" was anti-climactic to say the least, but then they come with the hospital bombshell and now I can't wait for the new season to start....Monday, I think.  Because I want answers to what happened......But I know if I saw this when it was fresh....I would have been pissed at that cliffhanger.

But at the end of the day, it was way better than season 9, but Archer Noir or whatever that season was called is the best of all the dream sequence seasons.

1 minute ago, cyberbully said:

The last "fight" was anti-climactic to say the least, but then they come with the hospital bombshell and now I can't wait for the new season to start....Monday, I think.  Because I want answers to what happened......But I know if I saw this when it was fresh....I would have been pissed at that cliffhanger.

But at the end of the day, it was way better than season 9, but Archer Noir or whatever that season was called is the best of all the dream sequence seasons.

I never got into the show; I guess it's on Netflix but... eh, my anime list is so backlogged it's not even funny. 

I always get Archer confused w/ Frisky Dingo, too. 

• 4 months later...

My DVR finally caught up on this. Wasn't awful. The rehashed jokes were a bit tired, but kinda acceptable in context. Also made me realize/remember I kinda gave up on season 9. That was just not doing it for me.

Worst part was none of the episodes fully fit the time slot, so every one of them ended as an extra cliffhanger for me, with no resolution.

Oh well. Just glad the dream sequences are over. Hopefully. They were all just a bit too derivative for me.