UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 288 Discussion

zabuzas mist comrades shouldn't be this strong at this point of the story at least not on kakashi and guy's level so they should be easy to defeat  despite not encountering some of their techniques before but I guess kabuto powered them up some

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

Just now, Roymustang1990 said:

zabuzas mist comrades shouldn't be this strong at this point of the story at least not on kakashi and guy's level so they should be easy to defeat  despite not encountering some of their techniques before

i love how the introduction of the headcleaving sword of zabuza was upgraded to have vampire blood drinking powers just to let an artifact from the reasonable early arcs match up with the ridiculous batshit events and moves of the later arcs

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Roymustang1990 said:

zabuzas mist comrades shouldn't be this strong at this point of the story at least not on kakashi and guy's level so they should be easy to defeat  despite not encountering some of their techniques before

Maybe Zabuza was the weakest member or something.

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

"Don't worry about us.  You'll just be getting in the way" he says to a woman.  Oof.  That's a recurring theme of this show.

Yup

I mean it's so bad we would have settled for even a shittily written female character that could actually win her fights to make up for Kishimoto's excuse of not being able to write female characters well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

maybe,but To be honest,their fight wouldn't be  as interested if the other mist swordsman were at zabuzas level during his arc so uh...it's fine I suppose

Well we know how strong that shark guy was in the Akatsuki.  There's no reason for them to be all at equal strength.  Plus Zabuza was an exile or something right?  Maybe his abilities stagnated.

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup

I mean it's so bad we would have settled for even a shittily written female character that could actually win her fights to make up for Kishimoto's excuse of not being able to write female characters well.

Yeah lol. "I can't relate to women" or something like that he said haha.  I guess Tsunade and Temari are the best we have.

And this is one time the filler writers didn't buck Kishimoto's trend by giving the girl screen time and having them get screen time and be competent as they sometime do. lol.

Well this girl was just some random minor filler side character and the episode was about Guy and Kakashi, so probably doesn't really count.  But I just thought it was funny how Guy said that to her.  It was almost meta lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well we know how strong that shark guy was in the Akatsuki.  There's no reason for them to be all at equal strength.  Plus Zabuza was an exile or something right?  Maybe his abilities stagnated.

That's the thing though,the other mist swordsman power level's are never implied during any part of the story besides what we saw from kisame and zabuza so there's no baseline to go off from besides well zabuza being the demon of the hidden mist but that wasn't enough to land him a spot to be an akatsuki member .I also never got the impression that zabuza was never not fighting at his full capacity whenever he fought kakashi and the others during his arc.

• StarPanda featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic