UnevenEdge

Boxing

scope

GGG vs. Jacobs I would say

I didn't really watch more than a minute or two of Thurman vs.Garcia on Saturday, but Thurman decision seemed likely based on how they fight. Golovkin-Jacobs is just about guaranteed to end in a stoppage whether its a standard GGG outing or a decent-sized upset TKO by Jacobs.

• 1 month later...

Lots of good fights coming up so I figured why not make a thread.

GGG vs Jacobs

Garcia vs Thurman

Joshua vs Klitschko

Canelo vs Chavez Jr.

Brook vs Spence

...and now Khan vs Pac

Which fight are you most excited for?

I loved GGG vs Jacobs...that was a god damn good fight no matter what anyone says...I'd like to watch it again, but I wasn't mad at the decision...looking forward to both those guys fighting again...

Garcia vs Thurman was clear cut win for Thurman who has certainly proven himself a solid boxer/puncher...he played Garcia and no matter what his father says, Garcia knew it...I think Garcia's limitations, though they've been exposed before, really came to light in this match...Thurman isn't going to be topping any p4p rankings, but he's a solid champ...

Joshua vs Klitschko is a must watch for me because for a while now I saw Deontay Wilder as being the one possessed of the tools to make the next Heavyweight king, but he almost looks like he's regressed...didn't like what I saw in his last couple fights...so now i'm looking to Joshua, who I hope can put it together...he's not untalented...he just doesn't overly impress me with what he's done so far...hopefully he pulls together an improved fight IQ for this fight with Klitschko, who has a very real chance at beating him, no matter what people think of his age...

Canelo vs Chavez jr is not getting my money, but it'll get a lot of other people's money and that's all that matters, I guess '>.> (Canelo within six rounds by way of whatever he wants)

• 2 weeks later...

So canelo won as expected dint watch the fight but I heard it was terrible

But more importantly canelo vs triple g September 16 can't freaking wait

I said I wasn't going to, but I ended up watching it....Chavez jr. fought conservatively to avoid getting knocked out...I kinda felt sorry for him

I can't believe they tried to say Joshua was winning that on the cards before the knockout....go fuck yourselves, corrupt fucks....

the match was definitly a lot closer than that. i though joshua was going to win in the 5th round but  klitschko came back really strong and took over all the way till the 11th round.

as for the canelo fight, that went as predicted. was really hoping for a ko. the ending had us all lauging since the intro of golovkin was something straight out of wwf. still hyped.

Brook vs Spence isn't getting much press but I think it has the potential to be a barn burner. I think a lot of people are expecting Spence to win but I actually favor Kell in this one, he's got great timing on his uppercuts.

Brook vs Spence isn't getting much press but I think it has the potential to be a barn burner. I think a lot of people are expecting Spence to win but I actually favor Kell in this one, he's got great timing on his uppercuts.

I completely agree

y'know how it is though...people are about drama backed star power....hardly anyone just watches "fighters" anymore  :-\

I completely agree

y'know how it is though...people are about drama backed star power....hardly anyone just watches "fighters" anymore  :-\

Gotta say though, the next few months the schedule looks more loaded with great fights than I've seen it since the 2000s....maybe we're experiencing a period in boxing where the best boxers actually get in the ring with each other  ::spin::

Gotta say though, the next few months the schedule looks more loaded with great fights than I've seen it since the 2000s....maybe we're experiencing a period in boxing where the best boxers actually get in the ring with each other  ::spin::

fingers crossed...

• 1 month later...

More entertaining than I thought it would be tonight, but ended with one of the worst robberies I've ever seen and with last month's great rounds that ended with shots to the groin I'm getting really tired of the powers that be ruining this great sport. It's a shame because there are some nice looking fights upcoming, but I can't get excited anymore for it...I know boxing has always had its fair share of bullshit but this year has been pretty terrible with it so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Excited for the upcoming Lomachenko and Crawford fights respectively because they're both not PPV and they're both too damn good for corrupt ass boxing to rob them.

oh they're fighting soon....I have not been keeping up with anything...

dude, Mike Garcia is fighting Broner this weekend....why is this not bigger....I feel like it should be....

I heard about that one then entirely forgot =/

I have Showtime...do you know if it's PPV?

Oh nvm it's live just checked it....thanks for the reminder.

I heard about that one then entirely forgot =/

I have Showtime...do you know if it's PPV?

Oh nvm it's live just checked it....thanks for the reminder.

No prob....who do you think has it...if Broner wasn't unstable i'd think he had an edge

I think Garcia, I think that Maidana loss rattled Broner's confidence and he hasn't been the same since.

you're probably right....though I think he was falling apart before Maidana....that loss just contributed to it...kid's got problems

well, we'll see how he looks tomorrow

you're probably right....though I think he was falling apart before Maidana....that loss just contributed to it...kid's got problems

well, we'll see how he looks tomorrow

Yeah Maidana was the nail in the coffin, but you're right he's got issues which is a shame cus he's skilled but I think he wants to be Mayweather or something, in his trash talking and his defense there are similarities.

I guess you never really know what to expect out of Broner, but that's a reason to watch.

Credit to Mikey Garcia he was sharp tonight but oh boy Broner was awful, I'd give him maybe 2 rounds and that's being generous, along with the Maidana fight it was the worst loss of his career. On top of that, he was talking like he was a hall of famer afterwards  :D

Credit to Mikey Garcia he was sharp tonight but oh boy Broner was awful, I'd give him maybe 2 rounds and that's being generous, along with the Maidana fight it was the worst loss of his career. On top of that, he was talking like he was a hall of famer afterwards  :D

yeah, he's lost it....

Garcia vs Lomancheko?

yeah, he's lost it....

Garcia vs Lomancheko?

Would love to see it and got a lot of respect for Garcia now, but Lomachenko is in a different league than most of these guys now idk if Garcia is ready for Lomachenko's speed and footwork, but I like Garcia he's got a great jab and hits hard with both hands, think he could be threatening even at welter.

Would love to see it and got a lot of respect for Garcia now, but Lomachenko is in a different league than most of these guys now idk if Garcia is ready for Lomachenko's speed and footwork, but I like Garcia he's got a great jab and hits hard with both hands, think he could be threatening even at welter.

I know Rigondeaux's been calling for it, but I feel like this match has an actual chance of being made....and even though Lomanchenko has all the fancy stuff going for him, i've always been a sucker for Mexicans with power...for some reason I feel like that sounds racist  :robot|

I know Rigondeaux's been calling for it, but I feel like this match has an actual chance of being made....and even though Lomanchenko has all the fancy stuff going for him, i've always been a sucker for Mexicans with power...for some reason I feel like that sounds racist  :robot|

Rigondeaux seems to get the shaft by the boxing spotlight which is a shame because he's so talented. I just think Lomachenko is a notch above everyone right now, he hits really hard to add to his impressive movement and just seems hungry and diligent to his gameplan to barely make mistakes....I think he has that mental fortitude to add to his skills which is the opposite of what I believe we're seeing with Broner....I just don't think Broner is all there mentally and it shows in the ring sometimes, I think it's what ruined Tyson too.

Rigondeaux seems to get the shaft by the boxing spotlight which is a shame because he's so talented. I just think Lomachenko is a notch above everyone right now, he hits really hard to add to his impressive movement and just seems hungry and diligent to his gameplan to barely make mistakes....I think he has that mental fortitude to add to his skills which is the opposite of what I believe we're seeing with Broner....I just don't think Broner is all there mentally and it shows in the ring sometimes, I think it's what ruined Tyson too.

i totally agree on all points....

we'll just have to wait and see if Lomachenko stays the course...I don't know what it is, but something seems off to me about him....it's just too early to tell what

I guess you never really know in boxing but his wins against Russel Jr and Walters convinced me of his skills....like Russel is a world class boxer and maybe the fastest around, his last three fights were knockouts and he dominates most featherweights, but he looked befuddled against Lomachenko.

I guess you never really know in boxing but his wins against Russel Jr and Walters convinced me of his skills....like Russel is a world class boxer and maybe the fastest around, his last three fights were knockouts and he dominates most featherweights, but he looked befuddled against Lomachenko.

I caught the Walters bout and it looked bad, but i'm curious to see him against someone with their own special tools and a drive to match....

I think a bout against Garcia or the smaller Rigo would be illuminating...and reeeaaalllly fun for me  ::]::

I caught the Walters bout and it looked bad, but i'm curious to see him against someone with their own special tools and a drive to match....

I think a bout against Garcia or the smaller Rigo would be illuminating...and reeeaaalllly fun for me  ::]::

Yeah he could make a catch weight with Crawford too which would be amazing....only problem with that is I think if Crawford is going to move class it's gonna be up....Garcia seems most likely, which I won't deny I'd be excited for.

Yeah he could make a catch weight with Crawford too which would be amazing....only problem with that is I think if Crawford is going to move class it's gonna be up....Garcia seems most likely, which I won't deny I'd be excited for.

Yeah Crawford would be awesome, but he seems like he's getting bigger and he already holds the size advantage...

Yeah Crawford would be awesome, but he seems like he's getting bigger and he already holds the size advantage...

Yeah he seems to be gunning for welter, I know he wanted Pac....not sure if it's still the case but there's always plenty opportunities at welterweight....would be fun.

So Klitschko retired, at least he went out with a bang with that Joshua fight, I'd rather see a boxer retire on time than get that Hopkins/Jones punch drunk love syndrome, I know it's a combat sport but I don't enjoy seeing fighters get unnecessarily hurt.

So Klitschko retired, at least he went out with a bang with that Joshua fight, I'd rather see a boxer retire on time than get that Hopkins/Jones punch drunk love syndrome, I know it's a combat sport but I don't enjoy seeing fighters get unnecessarily hurt.

I enjoyed their first tilt and would have watched the rematch, but this is the preferred outcome...Klitschko had his time, took his knocks....

besides, maybe now we'll get the Joshua/Wilder scrap... :robotD

McGregor knocks out Malignaggi

mcgregor-malignaggi-sparring%20(3).jpg

See that's proof, it totally happened legitimately, it's obvious we all vastly underestimating Conor's boxing skills.

:D

Malignaggi was pissed these came out....says it's bullshit....wants the full video released...

who cares either way...aside from Paulie ofcourse.... :-\