UnevenEdge

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - The Second Plate Episode 1 Discussion

3 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Studies that never had results that were backed up or retested for proof 

The junk studies must have really gained prominence then because the last time I googled it I couldn't find anything that said MSG is fine.  I'll have to look again later.  No time now.

Something else I remember hearing is it makes you want to keep eating.  Don't know if that's true though.

It does seem like it gives a noticeable flavor and after taste though.  But maybe that's just my imagination.

Either way, nothing is gonna stop me eating cheetos and doritos!

• Like 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, mochi said:

...........wait d'you mean there was a whole Season Toonami skipped?

No, it's just that Japan had a longer wait between season 1 and season 2 than we did.

11 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Ok Food Wars you are really going out of your way now 

seaweed foam....

MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY, MASON.

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

And again what the fuck is up with her.  Pale skin and red eyes and now evil smirk.  Is she a vampire or a ghoul or something?

Worse. She's an albino.

11 hours ago, elfie said:

SOMA WE KNOW WHAT A FOOD JAR IS.

You know, but I didn't. Use your brain for once instead of saying the first things that come out of your mouth in order to up your post count, Elfie.

11 hours ago, mochi said:

I swear Soma's voice sounds different now

There was a break between seasons in the dubbing process too, IIRC.

11 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Some doctor said he got indigestion in the 80s after eating Chinese food. Without any testing or focus groups, he deduced that MCG is in Chinese food, but not other foods, so it must be MSG that is giving him indigestion. He wrote a paper on it, and it's became an accepted fact. Especially the diet craze started and people were trying to find magical fat causing things in foods to avoid. 

Another fun fact about MSG mythology: my mother decided that MSG had gluten in it - meaning I, who is on a gluten-free diet for non-celiac but definitely-sensitivity reasons, couldn't have it - because "glutamate" sounded like it could have gluten in it. Apparently she has no idea what "glutamic acid" is, and that MSG can be found in plenty of gluten-free foods.

• Haha 1