UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #69 (406) Discussion

Well, I finally just got finished watching all the shows.

Now that I think about it looks like MHA is another dub using surnames the same as the sub would. I noticed with the little name tags on the train. Most characters are called by their last names, with a few exceptions. I don't think I have ever seen/heard Kirishima's first name until now. And I STILL need a spoiler free character guide for this show. I can never remember everyone's names!

May be stretching it here but was the walk across the street a Beatles reference?

How many of these heroes were introduced just to be cannon fodder?

Kirishima has no idea what's going on. :D I barely do either. I had to rewind the conversation in a few places! :D

Nejire appreciates his hardening quirk lul.

Uhh that technobabble about how Erasurehead's quirk works and the quirk canceling bullets didn't really make sense. Maybe don't try to get scientific with this stuff, show.

I had a feeling Ari was being "used" in some way by the Yakuza group. The hints were there. And we don't even know if Ari is Overhaul's actual daughter. She could be some random child he kidnapped.

SEE, MIRIO AND NIGHT EYE! YOU ASSHOLES SHOULD HAVE LET DEKU SAVE ARI THEN AND THERE! FUCK BOTH OF YOU!

Oh yeah, Night Eye, I'm sure you're real frustrated, asshole.

A Michael Bay Netflix exclusive with Ryan Reynolds being annoying? EHHHH

UUGGHHHH they put fucking Night Eye in the bumps!

Then why did Mr. Master Criminal have Ari out in public in the first place?

Actually, Night Eye, All Might would have rescued Ari right when he saw her, so this current situation would have never arisen.

So he sees their entire life for an hour? I thought before he just said he could see whatever Deku was going to do for an hour. So did he see all of Deku's future? Or can he choose to stop watching the film?

Okay the foresight power is fucking dumb and shouldn't have been introduced in the first place, trying to claim what is shown is "unavoidable" is even stupider.

Again if it wasn't for Night Eye's assholery and Mirio's idiocy in following him this would not be an issue. I mean I guess the Yakuza group would still need to he taken down, but Ari would be being abused the whole time. The whole concept of this arc is irksome.

That "madness" is called being a good person and being an actual hero, Night Eye.

Night Eye should be the one dying a horrible painful death, not All Might.

LEAVE HER ALONE YOU FUCKER!

SHE'S NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE THAT HER ENTIRE LIFE?!

By the way, I think even Oda would have told Horikoshi to tone it down here. Robin had a ridiculously over-the-top tragic backstory, but at least her life was happy up to a certain point! Ari's entire life has been hell!

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Uhh that technobabble about how Erasurehead's quirk works and the quirk canceling bullets didn't really make sense. Maybe don't try to get scientific with this stuff, show.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it actually makes sense to anyone who's taken genetics? It's not that far fetched that a chemical can control a phenotypic manifestation of genes!

7 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but it actually makes sense to anyone who's taken genetics? It's not that far fetched that a chemical can control a phenotypic manifestation of genes!

I'm Not a Scientist, but it was my understanding that new organisms could be created via selective breeding or genetic modification that would affect or block certain genes.  I don't see how that would work with an already living organism, to alter their genes or the phenotypic manifestation or whatever in real time.