UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode #67 (404) DISCUSSION!!!

Just now, CountFrylock said:

it just feels off....like either you have a marathon or you have the normal lineup

you don't just have a marathon and have two new episodes before the marathon starts...that implies you think enough people will be watching to justify it but somehow not enough for the rest of the block

eh, works for me. i can go the sleep early without missing new eps and discussion

• Like 1

Sir Nighteye: CHOOSE THIS MUSCULAR BOY WHO LOOKS LIKE YOU, THEN I CAN PRETEND HE'S YOU AND MOLEST HIM I MEAN HE'LL LIVE UP TO YOUR NAME

All-Might: bitch, grow the fuck up I'm choosing someone who's not a do-nothing who follows your every order

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Death sucks man. Try to make your life meaningful

Actually, we don't know whether or not Death sucks. It may be awesome. In fact, most religions hold that it is if you live a good life.

It certainly is inevitable though. And it sucks for those of us who observe it but go on living, without a doubt!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Actually, we don't know whether or not Death sucks. It may be awesome. In fact, most religions hold that it is.

It certainly is inevitable though.

in terms of known science logic would dictate nothing happens after you die

but, some scientific beliefs have been wrong in the past

Edited by mochi

Hang on, I wanna make sure I'm right about this....

Spoiler

All Might was told by Nighteyes eight years ago, after his first fight against All for one, that he would die in seven years if he kept going. All Might ignored it, seven years ago, leaving him a year before he dies if Nighteyes is right, which he always is. So, I wonder, has Nighteyes used this oracle ability on Deku, and if so what did he see? I think he did, which explains why he can't abide Deku, but if Deku is the random element tossed into his oracle vision, couldn't it also be that his original vision about All Might is now wrong?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

OH MY GOD SUCH CUTE FANGIRLS!

A catgirl and dog...bunny? Whatever she is, she's cute!

Come on, Deku and Mirio, pay attention to your surroundings! You could be hitting that! (And this is where things could diverge to the doujin, if some artist were to take it upon themselves.)

I had to keep rewinding to get a better look at those girls lol. Okay, time to move on and actually watch the episode.

OH YEAH, if I had watched the episode on DVR instead of on-demand, I would have completely missed them! The opening shot is cut from my recording! All I would have seen is them walking by Deku and Mirio and not had the context of them noticing then. I used to be able to just set an episode to record and it would get everything. Toonami has ad breaks between shows so it's one of the few cases where I don't have to worry about setting an extra minute before or after. But not this time! What have you done to the timing, Demarco?!

"Deck, that's weird." Lmao.

Eh, did he say Le Million? Why the French?

Ah hell, Deku just ran into some Hunter x Hunter child, and that villain! This has escalated much more quickly than I would have expected!

Somehow I doubt that Ari is actually Overhaul's daughter. And if he is, CPS needs to be called!

I thought he could only use foresight on 1 person at a time.

Wtf, Mirio just wants to leave her there? Ugh. And Night Eye acts like he doesn't give a shit about her at all. Fucking asshole. And why is Mirio working with this asshole anyway? Seems like he is rubbing off on Mirio in the worst ways too. Or maybe I read Mirio wrong this whole time.

I really don't know how much I'm going to like this if Captain Jellico is going to be in charge for an entire arc!

Feels like retcons all day long. Night Eye's existence, and Mirio's. It really doesn't make sense for All Might to give that power to someone who already has a quirk. And putting Night Eye into All Might's past is just... ehh. Brain of his operations and was supposedly there after All Might got injured? Come on, man. And I thought his power could only see the future for an hour?

As for gruesome death, he didn't die when he fought All for One. Unless he dies from the aftermath of it eventually. Of course, if All Might got into a fight with a villain in his current state he is pretty much fucked.

I would also like to think Deku is more than just a "fan" to him at this point.

Again, why give the power to someone already with a quirk? All Might didn't have one beforehand did he? And look at how great he is! There's a good chance that One For All could conflict with someone's quirk they already have.

But yeah, fuck Night Eye.

This is touching. I do hope they can beat the prediction.

But I think introducing a prediction power into the story was a bad idea. Especially using it to this extent. In something like a fight is one thing. I don't like the idea of All Might is going to die because of some prediction. I would just as soon think he was going to die eventually of his condition before he even lost his power after the fight with All For One. Now he's in even worse shape. And if doesn't just keel over from his poor health, yeah, if someone attacks him now, he's fucked. The prediction part was not needed. Neither was Night Eye, for that matter.

Edited by ben0119