UnevenEdge

Live-action Dragonball Movie Developed By.......... Disney?

The1gairon

30 minutes ago, elfie said:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-developing-liveaction-dragon-ball-movie/

... I -- ... Disney doesn't own Dragonball last I checked right? Someone help me. I don't know what to do with this!

Well Toriyama owns it. But Toriyama is a huge pimp. He likes to pimp his baby out to anyone who will pay the piper and he doesn't give a shit about quality.

Video Games, Toys, non Canon movies, Pachinko machines....  are done by Shuiesha.

Fox had the rights to live action DB movies. That pile of shit called DB evolution? That was them.

Disney bought Fox. Disney now owns the right to make more shitty live action DB movies.

Disney will not let any source of profit go untapped. Therefor, we will be getting more shitty live action DB movies.

Edited by Daos

I figured after Son Chatwin lost tons of money at the box office and ruined the career of its lead, no one would be dumb enough to try this again.  But I don’t think this will get released either.  Promising an all Asian cast feels like the equivalent of going “it’ll get done...eventually.”  More importantly, with DB being a fairly brutal satire of Journey to the West, you know who probably won’t be down with it?  China.

Also this website is notoriously unreliable for rumors.

Edited by Jman

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, elfie said:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-developing-liveaction-dragon-ball-movie/

... I -- ... Disney doesn't own Dragonball last I checked right? Someone help me. I don't know what to do with this!

..............eeewwwwwwwwww

and no they don't but I guess Toei just cut a deal

that said....why, the fuck, does Disney wanna make a movie about a story where 200 year old men ask to see 16 year old girl's Puta's, and we're shown a 12 year old boy's dick constantly whether we want to or not?

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Who says they're gonna include any of that?

nobody, but kids who see the movie are then gonna buy the series and see that stuff in it

also I wonder if Disney is gonna buy the broadcast rights to DBZ now.....they do have an anime block now