UnevenEdge

This is great and all, but when are we going to have actual animation?

Why do the Kais and Destroyers get wiped out, but not the Angels?

How the hell can you fight without thinking AT ALL?

Adding autonomous onto it sounds stupid.

You obviously didn't see when Goku learned Kamehameha from watching Roshi do it once.

Vegeta putting clown boy in his place.

48 minutes HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Okay Whis what you're saying is sounding more and more nonsensical.

Clown boy is panicking.

at the start of this series he claimed all the stuff he said about Goku was a bad thing and that he had to teach Goku to have more self control, now all of a sudden since Goku has Ultra Instinct those faults are a good thing apparently

6 minutes ago, mochi said:

at the start of this series he claimed all the stuff he said about Goku was a bad thing and that he had to teach Goku to have more self control, now all of a sudden since Goku has Ultra Instinct those faults are a good thing apparently

I can't remember what he said back then.  Are you sure about that?

6 hours ago, mochi said:

this is somewhat worse than even that, true 5 minutes  took 5 episodes there but 48 minutes taking 50 seems way worse

That was also written off as the core of Namek being denser than Frieza was used to, and then Goku said it was really because Frieza was a coward and held back on his blast so he wouldn't get blown up with the planet.

In this tournament, it was maybe believable when there were a lot of fighters in it, and we could be seeing lots of fights going on at the same time.  But seeing just the same group of fighters for so long here at the end... no lol.  I don't know why they even did the stupid time limit thing anyway.

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

That was also written off as the core of Namek being denser than Frieza was used to, and then Goku said it was really because Frieza was a coward and held back on his blast so he wouldn't get blown up with the planet.

In this tournament, it was maybe believable when there were a lot of fighters in it, and we could be seeing lots of fights going on at the same time.  But seeing just the same group of fighters for so long here at the end... no lol.  I don't know why they even did the stupid time limit thing anyway.

wait so the official explanation for the 5 minuets thing was just "Frieza was exaggerating because he's an asshole?" so it really was like an hour and not 5 minutes? XD

• Haha 2

To be fair, they counted down the minutes on the old dub of Dragon Ball Z, but they DON'T do that in Kai!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragon-ball-super/episode-129/.128517

Grade: "B". Not gonna lie, I expected just a little better for this one, but the next two are going to be DYNAMITE!!!

After all, these two episodes are the ones that packed stadia for bootleg streams in Latin American countries!

On 9/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, mochi said:

wait so the official explanation for the 5 minuets thing was just "Frieza was exaggerating because he's an asshole?" so it really was like an hour and not 5 minutes? XD

Well that could be, but like I said, Frieza used the excuse of the planet core being denser than he is used to, but Goku called him on being too much of a pussy to use a strong enough blast to quickly destroy it because Frieza wanted time to get away and not get caught up in the explosion. :D

But yeah haha it comes up during the show when it has been longer than 5 minutes and Goku calls attention to it. :D

Wouldn't it be funny if it was premiering at 11 PM on FUNimation NOW after a 10:30 PM dub premiere on Toonami?

Because theoretically that IS still possible.

But for the life of me I have no earthly idea why we're talking about this in the DBS #129 thread!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Wouldn't it be funny if it was premiering at 11 PM on FUNimation NOW after a 10:30 PM dub premiere on Toonami?

Because theoretically that IS still possible.

But for the life of me I have no earthly idea why we're talking about this in the DBS #129 thread!

It'd almost be like Space Dandy all over again.

• Like 1