UnevenEdge

People randomly saying Happy Father's day

cyberbully

I get it when people see kids with you, but I went a few other places today without them and all these people told me Happy Father's day, despite there being no evidence that I was in fact anyone's father.  Now at Little Caesars, I understand....I bought 2 cheese and 2 Peps.....Not something you really buy for adults, so it was safe to assume I was buying it for kids.

But I then went to Popeye's and ordered a 3 piece meal....The dude behind the counter said HFD, but as far as he knew, I was buying a lonely dude meal.  Then I went to the Vape shop for juice, they don't even allow kids in there....Yet the girl there said it too. 

So I was was just wondering....Some of you dudes who don't have kids, do people just randomly assume you do....Not that it bothered me per se....But I'm just kinda curious.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one randomly does this to women on mother's day....I'm just assuming, because I've heard some women get offended when you assume they are mothers.  I alluded to a coworker a while back before I had kids that I had a bunch of Halloween candy left over if she wanted take it to her kids, and I've never seen someone so offended...."Do I look old enough to have kids"......Well, bitch....This is the south, you are clearly over 12, and your eyebrows are drawn on......But no, I didn't say that....It just made me remember to never just assume shit about women.

Edited by cyberbully
  • Like 1

Essentially, you look over a certain age and not raggedy. This country still has the mentality that successful adults have at least one child and feels the need to celebrate those assumptions even when it makes people uncomfortable. Women definitely get it a lot on Mother's Day too.

48 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

I get it when people see kids with you, but I went a few other places today without them and all these people told me Happy Father's day, despite there being no evidence that I was in fact anyone's father.  Now at Little Caesars, I understand....I bought 2 cheese and 2 Peps.....Not something you really buy for adults, so it was safe to assume I was buying it for kids.

But I then went to Popeye's and ordered a 3 piece meal....The dude behind the counter said HFD, but as far as he knew, I was buying a lonely dude meal.  Then I went to the Vape shop for juice, they don't even allow kids in there....Yet the girl there said it too. 

So I was was just wondering....Some of you dudes who don't have kids, do people just randomly assume you do....Not that it bothered me per se....But I'm just kinda curious.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one randomly does this to women on mother's day....I'm just assuming, because I've heard some women get offended when you assume they are mothers.  I alluded to a coworker a while back before I had kids that I had a bunch of Halloween candy left over if she wanted take it to her kids, and I've never seen someone so offended...."Do I look old enough to have kids"......Well, bitch....This is the south, you are clearly over 12, and your eyebrows are drawn on......But no, I didn't say that....It just made me remember to never just assume shit about women.

They want you to be their Daddy.

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

Workers tend to pick people who seem polite enough not to make a scene about it.

Today at work i only said it to dudes who had kids...and then guys who are alone i asked if they had kids after i said it to one man and he said he had pit bulls and no kids...married something something years and no kids blah blah

6 hours ago, Majin Mayhem said:

I don’t believe women get it more than men...that’s just retarded...

it’s not even a real fucking holiday and I don’t get paid extra to work it so I don’t acknowledge it...nor do I tell anyone hfd or hmd...

Happy Father's day daddy.

Oh wait I'm not supposed to call you that here......uhh nothing to see here move along.

I mean a dick that big daddy just comes with the territory.

10 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Maybe it's your mannerisms?  I mean, I'm not sure what type of mannerisms denote having kids...there are guys that scream daddy material and if you're one of them and the right age to have gone and had the kids then I could see people assuming you've...got kids.