UnevenEdge

My daughter hasn't mentioned her father in years

🍬Candy🍬

1 hour ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

She don't even think abt him. Shes that happy. I know it wont last but i didn't expect it to last this long. She doesn't even ask abt him.

Well then, happy Father's Day, Candy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

I don't think its that unusual. If he never had a big impact in her life, why would she miss him?

Yeah I've met my dad three times and he literally never crosses my mind unless someone specifically asks me about him and that's usually just when I'm filling out medical history paperwork. But then I don't sit around thinking about other strangers either so...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Yeah I've met my dad three times and he literally never crosses my mind unless someone specifically asks me about him and that's usually just when I'm filling out medical history paperwork. But then I don't sit around thinking about other strangers either so...

Same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

Thanks for saying this. It makes me tremendously sad sometimes that he can't wrap his mind around the fact he has a kid 

5 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Mom mom let him wander around me when i was a kid.

Well sure. Bad parenting often gets passed down through the generations. Hopefully your kid will break the cycle and actually have good parenting skills. I guess we'll know when she gets pregnant at 15.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

She don't even think abt him. Shes that happy. I know it wont last but i didn't expect it to last this long. She doesn't even ask abt him.

She probably has your Maury DNA test episode saved on her phone. She can see him anytime.

18 hours ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Thanks for saying this. It makes me tremendously sad sometimes that he can't wrap his mind around the fact he has a kid 

I know a lot of people are dunking on you and I have from time to time in the past, but it really sucks. My dad refused to get a job when my mom was pregnant and working her ass off at a chicken plant and even going as far to leave and go to his mom's house and then say he went looking for a job. When I was 8 he made us all do blood testing to prove I was his and when I was in the 5th or 6th grade he got into a bar fight and had the metal plate in his head beat into his brain and suffered some slight brain damage. My mom started to make me go and see him at least once before he died, but he was just a stranger and she eventually relented. He made contact one right after he recovered and then again in high school and then that was it. He lived roughly an hour away from me the entire time. He was just too much of a piece of shit to do anything about his responsibilities. The asshole even kept a job with his shitty family to get paid in cash so he wouldn't have to pay child support.

It sucks a lot and I know there are aspects of my life that I've missed out on because I didn't have a dad, but at the same time... I'm glad he was gone and not in the picture. My best friend growing up had a younger sister who's dad was one of those who made promises about her seeing him or staying the summer with him or taking her to this place and then never following through. She was always in a state of anxiety when he was around because of it. She ultimately felt it was a reflection on herself not being worth spending time with, whereas I knew it was because my dad was a fucking piece of shit who would rather drive to the town where I lived to drink himself into a stupor than see or support his fucking child.

I'm not 100% sure how old your daughter is, but just let her know that it's okay to not have a relationship with her dad if she doesn't want to and it's ultimately because he sucks.

13 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

I know a lot of people are dunking on you and I have from time to time in the past, but it really sucks. My dad refused to get a job when my mom was pregnant and working her ass off at a chicken plant and even going as far to leave and go to his mom's house and then say he went looking for a job. When I was 8 he made us all do blood testing to prove I was his and when I was in the 5th or 6th grade he got into a bar fight and had the metal plate in his head beat into his brain and suffered some slight brain damage. My mom started to make me go and see him at least once before he died, but he was just a stranger and she eventually relented. He made contact one right after he recovered and then again in high school and then that was it. He lived roughly an hour away from me the entire time. He was just too much of a piece of shit to do anything about his responsibilities. The asshole even kept a job with his shitty family to get paid in cash so he wouldn't have to pay child support.

It sucks a lot and I know there are aspects of my life that I've missed out on because I didn't have a dad, but at the same time... I'm glad he was gone and not in the picture. My best friend growing up had a younger sister who's dad was one of those who made promises about her seeing him or staying the summer with him or taking her to this place and then never following through. She was always in a state of anxiety when he was around because of it. She ultimately felt it was a reflection on herself not being worth spending time with, whereas I knew it was because my dad was a fucking piece of shit who would rather drive to the town where I lived to drink himself into a stupor than see or support his fucking child.

I'm not 100% sure how old your daughter is, but just let her know that it's okay to not have a relationship with her dad if she doesn't want to and it's ultimately because he sucks.

Thank you.

Hes working and even pays his support ahead of time but its more because he doesn't want to get in trouble...not because he cares and im tired of trying to make him. His loss. Its not her missing out...its him cuz shes amazing 

• Like 1