UnevenEdge

Hoooooly shiiiiiit!!!! First Mexican heavyweight champ muthafukkazzz!!!

Mix

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

dam i dont know much about this ruiz guy but damn that guy can not only take a beating but dish it out as well. and his body doesnt seem like it should have the endurance to outlast a guy like joshua. just damn. 

My man had the chin and the heart.....way more than muscles in a fist fight....

But yeah, this was insane....my man took Joshua's soul....it's not like he had some crazy knock out power....he just refused to go away and kept up the volume punching 

now im upset i saw the canelo fight instead of this one on cinco de mayo. that fight was boring af. this fight looked really good in the highlights. but of course only the smaller weight divisions get any attention with my family. i been loosely following the heavyweights myself. namely joshua who has been great. but damn didnt see this coming. 

it looked like an easy joshua victory with that first knock out but ruiz came back and just destroyed him. gonna have to watch the replay of this fight now. 

Bruuuuhh I'm gonna stop going to the gym AMD just earing burritos and tacos all day, along with a 6 pack.

What an upset dude took that first KO and after that never looked backed 

Now we wait and see if they give him wilder or fury. Let's see if its juts a one hit wonder or something else 

4 hours ago, StarPanda said:

Bruuuuhh I'm gonna stop going to the gym AMD just earing burritos and tacos all day, along with a 6 pack.

What an upset dude took that first KO and after that never looked backed 

Now we wait and see if they give him wilder or fury. Let's see if its juts a one hit wonder or something else 

Definitely don't do that....my man definitely put the work in to get where he is now

He just has to repeat the performance 'cause there's for sure a rematch clause in the contract....they're not just going to let Fury and Wilder swoop in

I've heard comparisons to Butterbean, but that's not fair. Ruiz is a skilled fighter and the farthest thing from a sideshow guy. Joshua has the proverbial glass chin. We've seen him in plenty of fights, even recent ones, where he went down. Ruiz is a big fat badass, and he hit Joshua in the mouth. I'm happy for him.

• 2 weeks later...

A lil late to the party but I feel like Joshua pressed the action to finish him off earlier than he should have. He smelled blood in the water every time there was the slightest nick, I actually think the rematch will be an interesting one.

2 hours ago, scope said:

A lil late to the party but I feel like Joshua pressed the action to finish him off earlier than he should have. He smelled blood in the water every time there was the slightest nick, I actually think the rematch will be an interesting one.

I don't think Joshua beats him in the rematch

On 6/20/2019 at 6:12 AM, Mix said:

I don't think Joshua beats him in the rematch

Im not really favoring either fighter heavily in the rematch, I think Joshua has the ability to outbox Ruiz with his size and movement if he sticks to it but he'd have to be really focused in camp and really want it. I could also see Joshua not having the heart/stamina/chin much like how this one went. Either way neither of these guys do I think have much of a chance against the real top heavyweights in Fury and Wilder. how do you think Usyk will do in heavyweight? I'm really interested to see that answered.

2 minutes ago, scope said:

Im not really favoring either fighter heavily in the rematch, I think Joshua has the ability to outbox Ruiz with his size and movement if he sticks to it but he'd have to be really focused in camp and really want it. I could also see Joshua not having the heart/stamina/chin much like how this one went. Either way neither of these guys do I think have much of a chance against the real top heavyweights in Fury and Wilder. how do you think Usyk will do in heavyweight? I'm really interested to see that answered.

I think Fury won the fight with Wilder and I see him winning the rematch. He is, in my mind, the best heavyweight. And it's hard for me to say this because I had all the hope in the world for Wilder. When he was coming up I saw him move in ways I never thought a heavyweight could move. His power served double duty as both blessing and curse. He kept leaning on it and went way from the things that initially had me so excited. Sure, Joshua has the tools to come back from the recent loss, but I don't think he will ever best the other two. Usyk needs to stay where the fuck he is. Don't ruin a good thing. It's enough to just be good at your weight. When did that stop being enough? Nothing good comes from him going to heavyweight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mix said:

I think Fury won the fight with Wilder and I see him winning the rematch. He is, in my mind, the best heavyweight. And it's hard for me to say this because I had all the hope in the world for Wilder. When he was coming up I saw him move in ways I never thought a heavyweight could move. His power served double duty as both blessing and curse. He kept leaning on it and went way from the things that initially had me so excited. Sure, Joshua has the tools to come back from the recent loss, but I don't think he will ever best the other two. Usyk needs to stay where the fuck he is. Don't ruin a good thing. It's enough to just be good at your weight. When did that stop being enough? Nothing good comes from him going to heavyweight.

Totally agree Fury is the most skilled heavyweight by a wide margin, I figured him to beat Wilder and had him winning just about every single round in that fight he wasn't knocked down in, huge robbery. I give Wilder almost no chance in the rematch except for his knockout power. I'd generally agree on your point with Usyk because moving up a class is way different when it applies to heavyweight, but if I'm not mistaken it looks like he's already decided to. I think his skills will be enough to at least mix up the heavyweight division and make some noise in a division boxing desperately needs noise in though, but I think if he's already decided to do it he should take it nice and slow with his tune ups and scheduling. I suppose he felt he had already won the tournament, unified cruiserweight and saw himself languishing in the division, similar to how Crawford was feeling at 140.

19 hours ago, scope said:

Totally agree Fury is the most skilled heavyweight by a wide margin, I figured him to beat Wilder and had him winning just about every single round in that fight he wasn't knocked down in, huge robbery. I give Wilder almost no chance in the rematch except for his knockout power. I'd generally agree on your point with Usyk because moving up a class is way different when it applies to heavyweight, but if I'm not mistaken it looks like he's already decided to. I think his skills will be enough to at least mix up the heavyweight division and make some noise in a division boxing desperately needs noise in though, but I think if he's already decided to do it he should take it nice and slow with his tune ups and scheduling. I suppose he felt he had already won the tournament, unified cruiserweight and saw himself languishing in the division, similar to how Crawford was feeling at 140.

Yeah I understand his logic for moving up, but there's a difference between mixing it up and actually becoming champ. Usyk has some stark defensive holes and his offense isn't blowing away any top heavyweights. The thing about being someone like an Usyk, or really any champ, is that once you see your path to victory, as i'm sure he does when he sees the current crop of heavyweights fight as they have, you can't not take that fight. The guy's game for a scrap and unfortunately for him, sitting pretty at cruiserweight collecting checks while shoring up his skill set isn't really his style.

I mean, hey, i'll definitely watch him make a go of it. 

On 6/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, Mix said:

Yeah I understand his logic for moving up, but there's a difference between mixing it up and actually becoming champ. Usyk has some stark defensive holes and his offense isn't blowing away any top heavyweights. The thing about being someone like an Usyk, or really any champ, is that once you see your path to victory, as i'm sure he does when he sees the current crop of heavyweights fight as they have, you can't not take that fight. The guy's game for a scrap and unfortunately for him, sitting pretty at cruiserweight collecting checks while shoring up his skill set isn't really his style.

I mean, hey, i'll definitely watch him make a go of it. 

Yeah he does have some holes he showed that in the tournament, but I still like his skill set, I'm pretty much in the same boat thought I definitely don't think heavyweight is going to be easy for him but I like him so I'm still interested, it's probably not going to interest casual boxing fans as much as it does me.