UnevenEdge

whats your opinion of Future Diaries?

Phillies

3 minutes ago, Daos said:

It's a fun ride. Great characters and great OST's.

Epic plot twist.

Yuno Gasai. What more do you want? =P

I only have to watch 5 more episodes to finish. 

I feel like it had a little bit more potential. It needed to be shorter and more focused in some directions.  I wanted to be drawn into it more then I was.

Fuck that OST better be on this blue ray or I am gonna be pissed... 

6 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I didn't think it was bad as a lot of people were making it out to be. Clearly they have no idea how to have fun with something that's obviously ridiculous.

Yeah I hear alot of people knocking it too. Some people just don't know how to have fun?? 

It was a trainwreck, but I did like Minene and Akise. Minene because she's a Revy-like character who is a hard-ass that ends up getting taken aback with that secret agent guy that she ends up getting with. And Akise because 

Spoiler

of that time he deliberately made out with Yuuki in front of Yuno to send her in a psychotic rage. 

But by all accounts, I wasn't a fan of show's tryhard edginess and by the tail-end, it felt like they were throwing crap at the wall by the time it was coming to a close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phillies said:

I only have to watch 5 more episodes to finish. 

I feel like it had a little bit more potential. It needed to be shorter and more focused in some directions.  I wanted to be drawn into it more then I was.

Fuck that OST better be on this blue ray or I am gonna be pissed... 

Btw the final episode is an OVA

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

It was a trainwreck, but I did like Minene and Akise. Minene because she's a Revy-like character who is a hard-ass that ends up getting taken aback with that secret agent guy that she ends up getting with. And Akise because 

Reveal hidden contents

of that time he deliberately made out with Yuuki in front of Yuno to send her in a psychotic rage. 

But by all accounts, I wasn't a fan of show's tryhard edginess and by the tail-end, it felt like they were throwing crap at the wall by the time it was coming to a close.

lots of little cute moments like that^ 

Minene was a good character, yet I found myself not "caring" for her or anyone else. 

Yuno is a dumb ass blonde, so to speak.

Yuki is suppost to remind us of Shinji from Eva, yet I don't really care about him either. I understand Shinji more. 

Perhaps this type of thinking isn't a part of what this anime is all about so this is a null point. 

i had read it before the anime dropped and i remember having fun with it back then.

i think yuno was the first serious yandere i had encountered, so the craziness made moving from chapter to chapter entertaining for me.

Edited by Hidden
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Phillies said:

lots of little cute moments like that^ 

Minene was a good character, yet I found myself not "caring" for her or anyone else. 

Yuno is a dumb ass blonde, so to speak.

Yuki is suppost to remind us of Shinji from Eva, yet I don't really care about him either. I understand Shinji more. 

Perhaps this type of thinking isn't a part of what this anime is all about so this is a null point. 

There wasn't much of a reason to really cheer on anyone because they were all just cardboard cutouts of a specific trope (The Shinji, The Yandere, The Gangster, etc).

There were a few good moments like Minene's hero streak after falling for the agent guy or the Marco/Ai scenes, but the rest felt very shlocky. It felt meaningless and empty whenever they tried to do something edgy like adding rape storylines or stabbing a 5-year-old child through a table. I'd say it was being a tryhard, but it felt halfhearted as if they added the edge in just so that people wouldn't tune out and leave whenever Yuno was tasked with cleaning up Yuuki's messes every time he peed himself in the face of danger.

The anime would probably work better if you just want to pass the time or watch fluff, but even then, there's better edgy fluff in the world.

Edited by imchapp.in
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, imchapp.in said:

There wasn't much of a reason to really cheer on anyone because they were all just cardboard cutouts of a specific trope (The Shinji, The Yandere, The Gangster, etc).

There were a few good moments like Minene's hero streak after falling for the agent guy or the Marco/Ai scenes, but the rest felt very shlocky. It felt meaningless and empty whenever they tried to do something edgy like adding rape storylines or stabbing a 5-year-old child through a table. I'd say it was being a tryhard, but it felt halfhearted as if they added the edge in just so that people wouldn't tune out and leave whenever Yuno was tasked with cleaning up Yuuki's messes every time he peed himself in the face of danger.

The anime would probably work better if you just want to pass the time or watch fluff, but even then, there's better edgy fluff in the world.

yeah I think I liked Elfen Lied better (not saying its logical to compare the 2)

its been quite awhile since i read the manga and watched the anime. but i rmb really loving it at the time. i had read the manga first than watched the anime. it was alotta fun to watch. it wasnt anything like mind blowing or like iconic. but it was fun. plus yuno is mai waifu <3 lol

• Like 1