UnevenEdge

Did Adult Swim lose the 8:00 PM hour again?

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Makes sense, but I haven't seen one single promo for it, which doesn't make sense. Guess I'm not viewing at the right hours on the right days? :|

no promo and no explanation for the decision to air it. i don't have an issue with it airing on adult swim but they never finished samurai jack and the sunday airings of adventure time are gonna go like

2/10 = 2/4
2/17 = 2/5
etc.

what a waste

10 hours ago, korosu said:

no promo and no explanation for the decision to air it. i don't have an issue with it airing on adult swim but they never finished samurai jack and the sunday airings of adventure time are gonna go like

2/10 = 2/4
2/17 = 2/5
etc.

what a waste

I mean ... why not just GIVE the 8 PM hour back to Cartoon Network if they were gonna air Adventuretime anyway!?

I believe that currently a number of the 'between' shows are being used as a bridge between the CN time and the [ as ] time to see if they can retain viewers from that section into the more 'adult' airings. They only have so many Fox re-heats to run in the evenings now so drawing on stuff that is already owned by Turner and capable of airing at any time slot is an affordable alternative. 

Be prepared for Regular Time as well. Steven Universe maybe not although we'll see. 

I do think that not playing things in order and dancing all over the place with the episodes isn't the best way to use this time though. 

52 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I believe that currently a number of the 'between' shows are being used as a bridge between the CN time and the [ as ] time to see if they can retain viewers from that section into the more 'adult' airings. They only have so many Fox re-heats to run in the evenings now so drawing on stuff that is already owned by Turner and capable of airing at any time slot is an affordable alternative. 

Be prepared for Regular Time as well. Steven Universe maybe not although we'll see. 

I do think that not playing things in order and dancing all over the place with the episodes isn't the best way to use this time though. 

Regular show was originally pitched to AS so if that happens I'll laugh

• Like 1

TBS might just be squatting on it trying to figure out how to fit it in and not willing to let it go to another channel in the line.

It could be on a slow burn towards airing on [ as ] which I think would be during this hour of blending time they have right now. 

And there's always the possibility that there are disputes off the record that are keeping it from actually being aired until such a time as the disputes are dealt with. 

• Like 1

@elfie to me the only question raised is why AS didn't promote that they're now showing Adventure Time. When the show was new people all over the AS boards loved it, so I think there is a ton of cross-over appeal to the AS audience for that show. Also AS has built a model on being successful in re-running other network's canceled shows ad nauseam in the past.