UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 87 Discussion

1 minute ago, elfie said:

My argument was why is he arguing about THIS ep when other eps of Super have been a ton better, mainly the ones in the Future Trunks arc??

Because this is literally pointless filler.  There's nothing to buy time for, no manga to catch up to.

26 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

this made no sense. there's no way 17 is stronger than perfect cell. and yet goku definitely is....by a lot 

He's a cyborg, so he can train to get stronger.  He's not full machine like 16 who would need new parts for power upgrades.  Given how powerful he and 18 were to being with, it's not a surprise.  Also his energy is infinite so he can keep fighting at full power and never get tired, this would surely be a huge advantage with training as well.

4 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yeah even TIEN of all people came to help out. Talk about over matched.

Yeah and no way Tien is stronger than 17.  Maybe Toriyama really did forget him for a bit?  But even though his numbered android literal twin sister is right there??  I don't get the idea 17 would take pacifist sworn not to interfere stance either.

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah and no way Tien is stronger than 17.  Maybe Toriyama really did forget him for a bit?  But even though his numbered android literal twin sister is right there??  I don't get the idea 17 would take pacifist sworn not to interfere stance either.

I think Toriyama forgot that he got resurrected to be honest.

• Sad 1

On 11/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, ben0119 said:

At least GT got Goku's personality right.  Though Super seems to be rahabbing him now.

I'd argue they're only VERY SLIGHTLY rehabbing his personality, and only in some episopdes

GT = Ignored canon entirely and fucked up power scaling completely, made Vegeta totally useless, BUT got Goku's personality right

Super = ignores canon in isolated spots but is more consistent over all, totally fucked power scaling, doesn't make vegeta totally useless(he carried the whole team through the u6 vs. u7 tournament) but does make him into a joke character, and completely ruined Goku's personality

In GT power scaling was so bad that Kid Goku was stronger than all the other characters combined. One of the things people didn't like about DBZ was it made all the non Saiyan's useless. GT dialed that up to 100 and made everyone except Goku useless. Even fused Uub is useless. The guy Goku spent TEN YEARS training.

Super is trying to be as stupid though, by pretending SSB Goku couldn't beat Krillin with a flick of his finger.

Here's GT Goku easily fending off SS Gohan and Goten in base form... as an 8 year old.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:18 PM, mochi said:

I'd argue they're only VERY SLIGHTLY rehabbing his personality, and only in some episopdes

GT = Ignored canon entirely and fucked up power scaling completely, made Vegeta totally useless, BUT got Goku's personality right

Super = ignores canon in isolated spots but is more consistent over all, totally fucked power scaling, doesn't make vegeta totally useless(he carried the whole team through the u6 vs. u7 tournament) but does make him into a joke character, and completely ruined Goku's personality

This episode we saw some of the old Goku with what he said about feeling responsible for the tournament and people getting hurt because he wanted to fight some strong opponents.  But why didn't he just Instant Transmission and grab the remote from that guy?  Hell he could just use regular super speed.  You know the effect, where it's like they warp around.

Uhh GT was pretty cool with how it followed canon and used the Tuffles as villains, or at least one of them, and making the Dragon Balls themselves as the final villains was brilliant.  Loved the featuring of 17 too.  It followed canon arguably better than Super does...  It totally fucked up Trunks' personality and made him into a fruity goofball though.  Also dropped the ball on not having Pan go Super Saiyan and pass the torch to her, Trunks, Goten, and Uub.  All about Goku and Vegeta again sadly.

There is some GT comedy doujin out there where Bra basically gives Vegeta heart attacks the whole time, going out in slutty outfits and bragging how she's fucked a ton of guys, and then 17 knocks her up LOL.  I printed out pages but can't find it online!  I'll take pics or scan it later.  And Vegeta is PERFECT as a comedy character.  You just got a stick up your ass and have a weird obsession with Vegeta that doesn't allow anything bad or funny to happen to him.  It's dumb.

Edited by ben0119

On 11/12/2018 at 3:12 PM, Daos said:

In GT power scaling was so bad that Kid Goku was stronger than all the other characters combined. One of the things people didn't like about DBZ was it made all the non Saiyan's useless. GT dialed that up to 100 and made everyone except Goku useless. Even fused Uub is useless. The guy Goku spent TEN YEARS training.

Super is trying to be as stupid though, by pretending SSB Goku couldn't beat Krillin with a flick of his finger.

Here's GT Goku easily fending off SS Gohan and Goten in base form... as an 8 year old.

I'd rather the power scaling be fucked up the have the other characters have a chance than make everyone but Goku useless.  But, as someone said before, at least Toriyama didn't go with the whole "humans are special" cliche.