UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack in HD From The Beginning @ 8 PM Weeknights on [as]!

OwlChemist81

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Feel the same, there's something about watching some anime live on TV once a week on here without a remote late at night and loosely watching together on here.

Even repeats I've watched just for that and I also kind of think it's one of the most fun ways to watch and more enjoy some of the long runners without burning out thanks to both the pacing and seeing the posts during them.

Totally agree. The way we watch shows is so different nowadays. The idea of binge watching was unheard of not so long ago. I can still appreciate stretching a show out and only watching 1 ep per week. Plus having everyone's comments and input adds a really cool layer to watching.

Edited by saito34

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, the last few have been quite jumpy in terms of how much fun you could get out of them. If we'd been in cannon it would have been more exciting between MHA and Boruto.

Yeah I don't even necessarily hate filler, but it is wildly inconsistent with Naruto.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Totally agree. The way we watch shows is so different nowadays. The idea of binge watching was unheard of not so long ago. I can still appreciate stretching a show out and only watching 1 ep per week. Plus having everyone's comments and input adds a really cool layer to watching.

Totally agree. It's really good to have something like this to watch a bunch of these shows the old way.

Plus the good old watching a show you might have passed on or just kept delaying towards watching when you controlled it but then it's on Toonami so you watch it, too. :) Like I don't know when I would have finally gotten around to the rest of Megalobox. Or how much longer it would have taken to watch some of the long runners in chunks to get as deep as we are into them. Like the great threads for HxH, Jojo, etc.

Edited by DangerMouse

12 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Yeah I don't even necessarily hate filler, but it is wildly inconsistent with Naruto.

Yeah generally I'm pretty fine with fun/exciting filler, but exactly it kinda felt like we're in the midst of going from a fun one to something really bland, then a good one to the ghost ship. That kind of thing.

Edited by DangerMouse

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Totally agree.

Plus the good old watching a show you might have passed on or just kept delaying towards watching when you controlled it but then it's on Toonami so you watch it, too. :) Like I don't know when I would have finally gotten around to the rest of Megalobox.

Very good point and absolutely true. Many shows I just wouldn't have watched on my own. I'm definitely loyal to Toonami in that respect.

BTW check out the facebook page for some good info/discussion. I'm not on facebook much anymore, but there's an active Toonami fan base there. Sometimes it's good to know we're not the only people still enjoying Toonami these days. xD

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Very good point and absolutely true. Many shows I just wouldn't have watched on my own. I'm definitely loyal to Toonami in that respect.

BTW check out the facebook page for some good info/discussion. I'm not on facebook much anymore, but there's an active Toonami fan base there.

Yeah, also stuff like I know the threads made Black Clover more fun during the slow start.

Cool. Yeah, I'm not really on Facebook either. It's already time consuming enough with just a couple of forums lol.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, also stuff like I know the threads made Black Clover more fun during the slow start.

Cool. Yeah, I'm not really on Facebook either. It's already time consuming enough with just a couple of forums lol.

Yeah it totally makes filler easier to get through. Agree on facebook. I'm virtually off of it, but I was surprised at how big and active the Toonami page is.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Many shows I just wouldn't have watched on my own. I'm definitely loyal to Toonami in that respect.

Yeah, I still really enjoy putting it on and leaving it on all night and getting to watch a big block of cool action anime as they come on.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...