UnevenEdge

Funimation App

Inu_crazed_90

I’m trying to find a new anime to really get into, and just got the Funimation app. 

Lately I’ve been really into anime’s that transport the main character to like a video game type world. Watched No game, no life, In another world with my smartphone, How not to summon a demon lord,  sao, and you thought there is never a girl online?, and death march to the parallel world rhapsody.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Smartphone is pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

Overlord is probably the king of the genre and a great watch.

Re Zero isn't really a video game world anime, but it is Isekai and a must watch.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon has always been very popular, the world is very video game like where they actually level up, but the characters aren't from another world. So technically not Isekai or video game related.

Konosuba is the other super popular one, it's a comedy though but a must watch.

And my dark horse pick, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. A slower paced more realistic take on the Isekai genre with no overpowered characters. Their entire party struggles to kill the weakest trash mob at first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2018 at 2:26 PM, Inu_crazed_90 said:

I’m trying to find a new anime to really get into, and just got the Funimation app. 

Lately I’ve been really into anime’s that transport the main character to like a video game type world. Watched No game, no life, In another world with my smartphone, How not to summon a demon lord,  sao, and you thought there is never a girl online?, and death march to the parallel world rhapsody.

Anyone have any recommendations?

They got a new isekai anime where the main guy becomes a slime monster.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:45 AM, Daos said:

Smartphone is pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

Overlord is probably the king of the genre and a great watch.

Re Zero isn't really a video game world anime, but it is Isekai and a must watch.

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon has always been very popular, the world is very video game like where they actually level up, but the characters aren't from another world. So technically not Isekai or video game related.

Konosuba is the other super popular one, it's a comedy though but a must watch.

And my dark horse pick, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. A slower paced more realistic take on the Isekai genre with no overpowered characters. Their entire party struggles to kill the weakest trash mob at first.

Overlord over Re:Zero?

Lolwut

23 hours ago, Daos said:

First ep was a little slow, but seems promising.

.. holy shit was it ever. The OP plays at the END of the first episode, and features no characters who appeared so far, save for a humanoid version of the MC! 

Which figures, because this anime is projected to be 24 episodes long, so they're playing the long game here.

Yeah I figure they'd introduce us to a cute girl in the first ep and have slime guy save her. Instead just a chat with a dragon. But hey points for being different and establishing his super slime powers.

Yeah I guess they kinda give that away in the OP that he'll be able to take human form at some point? A very uhh... feminine male form I guess?

The big one I'm waiting for is Goblin Slayer, this Sunday.

Edited by Daos