UnevenEdge

Kemono Friends gets a new season... and another controversy.

Blatch

After making a cheaply-animated Flash cartoon vaguely related to the franchise, Kadokawa went out and announced what everyone wanted all along: a new CG animal girls anime! The first trailer for it isn't too long, but it has animation that's more fluid and slightly more detailed compared to the first season. In other words, they're trying to emulate it as tastelessly as possible.

But then a controversy broke involving a plagiarized audition script for aspiring seiyuus to use. The company in charge of this (as in, not Kadokawa) has since apologized, but I think this is an unnerving harbinger for the new anime's potential quality. People are already skeptical because the original creative team isn't involved here, but if you can't get what should be a non-issue like this right for what's become a huge media franchise in Japan in not even two years... well, that's a paddlin'.

Watch this be a bigger disaster than High Guardian Spice. :RoboS:

19 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It'll definitely be a bigger disaster. Let's be real, the only problems High Guardian Spice actually has are promotion of staff diversity over actual show content and a crew member who looks like Bruce Vilaunch's long-lost sister.

WUT U TALKN BOUT? I LUK GUD AND EVRY THANG

HighGuardianSpice-Crunchyroll-PV-2-600x3

The Kemono Friends situation was bad enough for the staff and voice actors to actively disavow Kadokawa for canning the director, so this is more fuel to an already burning fire bad enough to shake the company and anime production internally. The en masse resigns and Kadokawa’s general shittiness will probably force Season 2 into prematurely killing the series when it had so much potential beforehand. 

The High Guardian Spice situation is just neckbeards getting upset about cartoons not geared towards them, like when they didn’t make She-Ra look like a drag queen in “Heavy Metal!” Cosplay so she must be the dreaded CalArts SJW boogeyman. People are mad that their subscriptions somehow helped fund it other than the whole ATT acquisition, but these same folks are holding Netflix to be the bastion of new anime when they funded the Death Note movie and keep almost all of their new anime in jail until they lose relevance. 

• Like 4

.... "cheaply-animated Flash"?  .... isn't that anime in CGI?

And now. This won't be as big a controversy as the one for High Guardian Spice, because that one is homegrown here in America, where you're gonna hear a ton more about it since we live here.

Edited by elfie

4 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

The Kemono Friends situation was bad enough for the staff and voice actors to actively disavow Kadokawa for canning the director, so this is more fuel to an already burning fire bad enough to shake the company and anime production internally. The en masse resigns and Kadokawa’s general shittiness will probably force Season 2 into prematurely killing the series when it had so much potential beforehand.

Well, they forced the seiyuus for the anime apologize for the creative team getting fired, and that was the end of it for a lot of people. The only reason why Kadokawa is going through with this is because, as I've alluded to, the show has become a genuine juggernaut over in Japan. It's caused tons of otaku to start getting out of the house and visiting zoos, which local establishments then milked for all that was worth. Remember the story of Grape-kun?

And then you have that they made idol groups out of the show, including PPP, and those have become pretty popular. While I wouldn't be opposed to supporting this, the fact that I started watching the anime because it had a wholesome story that was undermined by the capitalistic goals of the rights holder. At this point, I'm waiting for any headlining seiyuu to voice a Cinderella Girls character (except Aya Uchida, obviously) so I can give them support that way. It's all very unfortunate and bad.

15 hours ago, Hachiman said:

As someone who still haven't seen the show due to so many backlogged shows I haven't bother to watched, should I just get the manga instead?

The anime is not a direct adaption of the manga. The latter is more in line with the original mobile game, as it began while that was still in service. You can probably check it out if you watch the show and like it enough, but do be aware of what you're getting into.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

.... "cheaply-animated Flash"?  .... isn't that anime in CGI?

Look up the "Welcome to Japari Park" shorts on Nyaa to see what I'm talking about. And then you can stare at the footage in unbridled existential horror! B|

On 9/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, Hachiman said:

As someone who still haven't seen the show due to so many backlogged shows I haven't bother to watched, should I just get the manga instead?

Just watch the show.  Give it 4 episodes to really gel.  Once you get used to the hilarious animation, you can forget about that and just luv on the characters.  I liked it from the first episode, but tastes vary, which is why I say give it 4.  That seemed to be the episode that turned the hold-outs, iirc.