UnevenEdge

I've gotta be honest Secret of Mana is dated

Zenigundam

In playing it on my Super Nintendo Classic and it's a blast, but it definitely does not hold up well. I've had Final Fantasy Adventure for GB (remember they remade it as Sword of Mana for GBA) since I was 6 or 7, and I loved that game, but had no clue it was the first "Mana" game until I was in middle school and found out on Gamefaqs, and yeah it's better than Secret of Mana. 

Wow, I still like this game though. But yeah most people today wouldn't even like it, and I changed my PS4 wallpaper to Secret of Mana even though it's for the remake

49 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

As far as all the games Square put out back the, Mana was probably my least favorite.....Not saying I didn't like it, but it just didn't hold up to the Final Fantasies, ans Chrono Trigger.  And bows suck....The hit box was just terrible with bows.

I can see how it was a tight game back when it came out though. Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger aged just fine huh

10 hours ago, cyberbully said:

As far as all the games Square put out back the, Mana was probably my least favorite....

What about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest?

Then there was Secret of Evermore, which was made by Squaresoft of America, but the "real" Japanese Squaresoft had nothing to do with... Then there was the remake of Capcom's Breath of Fire that didn't get very favorable reviews in GamePro magazine... I didn't actually play those last two...

When Secret of Mana was new I didn't get very far because I failed to level up my magic periodically. When I revisited the game as an adult I learned this was necessary to complete the game.

Anyway... Secret of Mana was a good game. Very underrated soundtrack, just great music.

20 minutes ago, Buddyroe360 said:

LOL, you can't be serious.  The was the babiest RPG I had ever played and I was like 12.

He said Secret of Mana was his least favorite of the Square games.... I said what about Final Fantasy Mystic Quest...

EDIT: Oh that was you. So replace "he" with "you."

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 3:06 PM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Then there was the remake of Capcom's Breath of Fire that didn't get very favorable reviews in GamePro magazine... I didn't actually play those last two...

SE just localized Breath of Fire on SNES, it wasn't a remake. 

• Thanks 1