UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 74 Discussion

Videl you're the greatest wife and mother. <3

Super Great Saiyaman!

So that's what a super saiyan looks like with a helmet on.  And a helmet can contain their hair.  I remember when Trunks broke his hairband.  Maybe because of the roided form. :)

My faaaaace.... :D

The best family ever! <3

And Goku and Chichi for comparison. Shut the hell up Goku.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Gok u is a horrible father lol

Just to be fair, reading between the lines, the first half of the movie was probably Gohan/Super Great Saiyaman's fight with Hulk Barry, while the 2nd half was probably just Barry as Great Saiyaman jobbing to Mr. Satan. So it's not exactly THAT mean that he fell asleep during THAT crapshow!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragon-ball-super/episode-74/.111064

Yeah, I agree. And the plot was nearly identical to Spider-Man 3!

Edited by OwlChemist81

On 8/5/2018 at 1:07 AM, ben0119 said:

If we look at it that way we don't have to interpret it as Goku just deciding to be terrible.

on that note I wonder what the explaination/rationalization is for Vegeta suddenly being sweet and benevolent (at least compared to how he used to be anyway)

17 hours ago, mochi said:

on that note I wonder what the explaination/rationalization is for Vegeta suddenly being sweet and benevolent (at least compared to how he used to be anyway)

I think he just finally decided to stop being an asshole.  Everything in the Buu Saga finally ingrained it in his head to stop doing stupid shit.  Not to mention he was kind of lying to himself there anyway, saying how he settled down and had a family and thought he was happy, but lost his honor and became like a weak earthling, etc. and Goku calls him on it.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:30 AM, ben0119 said:

I think he just finally decided to stop being an asshole.  Everything in the Buu Saga finally ingrained it in his head to stop doing stupid shit.  Not to mention he was kind of lying to himself there anyway, saying how he settled down and had a family and thought he was happy, but lost his honor and became like a weak earthling, etc. and Goku calls him on it.

to be fair even though the show for some absurd reason claimed otherwise at the time he was actually under mind control when he was Majin Vegeta

Babidi's powers work by flipping a person's moral compass to the opposite of what it currently is, basically it turns good people evil

so for them to act like Vegeta was fully conscious of what he was doing and chose to do it and that there was absolutely no outside force making him do it was absurd at the time and Super seems to understand that....at the unfortunate cost of prioritizing Vegeta's status as a father over his status as a warrior, meaning he's a very good father...but HAS actually lost his honor and become weak like an earthling in Super

On 8/9/2018 at 10:16 AM, mochi said:

to be fair even though the show for some absurd reason claimed otherwise at the time he was actually under mind control when he was Majin Vegeta

Babidi's powers work by flipping a person's moral compass to the opposite of what it currently is, basically it turns good people evil

so for them to act like Vegeta was fully conscious of what he was doing and chose to do it and that there was absolutely no outside force making him do it was absurd at the time and Super seems to understand that....at the unfortunate cost of prioritizing Vegeta's status as a father over his status as a warrior, meaning he's a very good father...but HAS actually lost his honor and become weak like an earthling in Super

I thought the implication was Vegeta couldn't be controlled and pretended to follow Babidi's orders so he could fight Goku.  He even resists orders later.  And really, you think Dabura, the literal Devil, was a good guy at one point?  He also turns against Babidi as well.  And that's not exactly how his powers work.  Vegeta was ripe for the picking because of how pissed off he was getting when they were fighting Babidi's minions in his spaceship.  Babidi specifically chose Vegeta when he noticed this.

How has he lost honor or become weak?  He's on equal footing with Goku now, which was never true in the past.