UnevenEdge

Dragon ball Super episode 71 discussion thread

Dbs episode 71: "The Death of Goku! The Guaranteed Assassination Mission" / "Goku Dies! An Assassination That Must Be Executed!"
"Gokū shisu! Zettai shikkō no ansatsu ninrai!" (悟空死す! 絶対執行の暗殺任頼) 

That feel when your baby boy dies rofffll

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 2

Just now, DangerMouse said:

LOL Vegeta

LOL Whis

I'll admit I get what Super was trying to do with Vegeta....and in other hands it could've been excellent and made Vegeta more loveable, but IMO the way they handled it comes across more as them making fun of him

rather than them making him a Comically serious action character

in fact Piccolo does that character type way better

6 minutes ago, mochi said:

I'll admit I get what Super was trying to do with Vegeta....and in other hands it could've been excellent and made Vegeta more loveable, but IMO the way they handled it comes across more as them making fun of him

rather than them making him a Comically serious action character

in fact Piccolo does that character type way better

Naw you just have a stick up your butt and a weird fanboy complex about Vegeta.  No one else has an issue.

• Haha 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Naw you just have a stick up your butt and a weird fanboy complex about Vegeta.  No one else has an issue.

if Vegeta occasionally said things like what Piccolo said in that last scene but got to defeat major enemies in the more serious arcs I would enjoy it

heck some of the best heroes are partially comedic ones

it's just the super excessive nature of most of the jokes aimed at him that pisses me off....like making him suck a binky

and the fact that the only time he gets to beat enemies is during meaningless tornaments

the only truly cool thing he's done was mentor Cabba

which IMO is made cooler by the fact that Kai's ending inadvertently implies Goku stole his strategy for mentoring Uub from Vegeta

I'm happy about the fight with Cabba...and hate everything else they've done with Vegeta

so far Cabba is the one truly nice thing Vegeta's done

Classic desert wasteland battleground haha.

You ARE a little kid.

It's like when Ichigo and Aizen went god-level and no one could sense them.

Hit DOES know about the Dragon Balls, right?

It was never even explained how Goku got around the time skipping.

Hit even more hax now.

Looked like a concentrated chi, like how they would push each other around at times.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mochi said:

if Vegeta occasionally said things like what Piccolo said in that last scene but got to defeat major enemies in the more serious arcs I would enjoy it

heck some of the best heroes are partially comedic ones

it's just the super excessive nature of most of the jokes aimed at him that pisses me off....like making him suck a binky

and the fact that the only time he gets to beat enemies is during meaningless tornaments

the only truly cool thing he's done was mentor Cabba

which IMO is made cooler by the fact that Kai's ending inadvertently implies Goku stole his strategy for mentoring Uub from Vegeta

I'm happy about the fight with Cabba...and hate everything else they've done with Vegeta

so far Cabba is the one truly nice thing Vegeta's done

Uhh the Arale episode.  And tonight where he said there only 3 more exercises.

Stuff like that is funny though.  Or the time he was trying to entertain Beerus (in the movie, at least.)  You just can't take a joke at Vegeta's expense.  Hell that was part of what made Bulma and Vegeta such a great couple, how she'd do and say stuff that would crack his tough, serious exterior.

You have very selective fanboy standards.  Now tournaments are meaningless hahaha.  That tournament was obviously setting things up and teasing future things.  So not meaningless.

If you want to play that game, nobody has beaten "a major enemy ouside of meaningless tournaments."  No one beat Beerus.  Goku only beat Frieza because he failed to finish him off, which lead to Frieza pulling a cheap shot (which should have blown himself up too now that I think about it), which lead to Goku pulling a cheap shot of his own with the help of Whis' power.  No one beat Zamasu and they ended up pulling a literal deus ex machina to get rid of him.

I dunno I think Vegeta has had plenty of great moments.  Like in Zamasu Saga or whatever it's called, one-shotting Frost.  As I mentioned before, he is responsible for Goku and Vegeta's progress.  And at least in this show, Vegeta is on par with Goku.  In Z he was always playing catch up, or when he was stronger than Goku, it was against a minor enemy, or he would do something idiotic like let Cell absorb 18.

Edited by ben0119

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragon-ball-super/episode-71/.110078

Rating: "B+". Damn, Matthew Mercer, best known as Jotaro and Levi (from AOT) was TOTALLY the perfect choice to play Hit and episodes like this just proved it!

What the hell DID he do to kill Goku? And WHY will he be back!?

Guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out!

On 7/14/2018 at 7:55 PM, mochi said:

dunno if they're saving it for next ep but the reveal of who hired Hit to kill Goku is gonna piss off a lot of people

Kinda like the Zeno cop out in the last arc. People are just gonna be like.. sigh.

• Haha 1