UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Reruns Weeknights @ 8 PM Discussion!

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Obviously a fanmade bump. They never capitalize or punctuate in the end messages, and even ignoring that, the font's too big for the HD era.

Yep, it's fan-made. I wasn't sure at first, but I found it on Twitter referenced as fan-made, so that's confirmed!

tumblr_ojdyzaVDIn1rvb8cmo1_250.gif

Edited by OwlChemist81

Episode 4 was on yesterday, PTE was the only featured Topical.

Tonight we've got

Episode 5: "Showdown on King Kai's World! Goku vs. Beerus The Destroyer"

And to be honest it really is kind of an underwhelming episode, though there are some funny moments.

tumblr_oktn5sAKg71rvb8cmo1_1280.gif

Also, NO Pre-Flight tonight. It seems this week's will be the FLCL panel tomorrow at AX.

Edited by OwlChemist81

While they cleaned up the animation a lot from the original Japanese broadcast in 2015, which was REALLY lazy, you can still see some small elements of badly-drawn Goku.

And now Beerus with the finishing blow!

tumblr_oktcwjJLSR1rvb8cmo1_500.gif

tumblr_oktcwjJLSR1rvb8cmo2_500.gif

tumblr_oktcwjJLSR1rvb8cmo3_500.gif

The funniest scene is how trashed King Kai's micro-planet is!

Hey, that's pretty cool! They actually made a promo for the weeknight airing of DBS!

Yes, I know it was pretty much just a recycle of the generic promo that got used a few times when the topical in question wasn't quite ready yet, but it works perfectly!

tumblr_olbjl0ZOQO1rvb8cmo1_500.giftumblr_olbjl0ZOQO1rvb8cmo2_500.gif

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 1

HERE COMES THE COUNTERATTACK!!!

tumblr_omywbyw1l21rvb8cmo1_540.gif

...NEXT TIME!!!

Dragon Ball Super on Toonami takes the topical after the show, and reveals that Goku really ISN'T dead yet, or at least has somehow been revived. Could what happened in tonight's episode when his divine power healed him be a clue?

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 1

• StarPanda unpinned and pinned this topic

Rewatching last night's episode right now in preparation for tonight's episode!

Episode 12: "The Universe Will Shatter? Clash! Destroyer vs. Super Saiyan God!"

tumblr_onc6pxz4Sg1rvb8cmo1_1280.gif

Gotta admit this was pretty funny.

A lot of symmetrical violence in this episode, but it DID serve a purpose.

And the featured ads were DBS Weeknights, PTE, and MHA. The MHA ad seems to play after DBS every Tuesday.

Edited by OwlChemist81

4 minutes ago, Blatch said:

And here's a source for that.

I actually can't come to a conclusion that [as] is losing the show, if only because of what happened with Futurama where Comedy Central was still able to air it with Syfy. We'll probably know for sure within the next few weeks.

"It was the off-network run of Family Guy on Adult Swim after its cancellation by Fox that triggered its revival by the broadcast network. We will see if Comedy Central’s airings could have a similar impact on spinoff The Cleveland Show"

the most ridiculous goddamn thing i've ever read (as if adult swim didn't just fucking air it for 6 years to better ratings than comedy central could ever hope for) but implies adult swim is losing it

Edited by korosu
  • Haha 2

Well I'll be damned! If they're also losing the Cleveland Show (of all things, the worst show in the Fuzzy Door franchise), then that just might be an open door for other former Toonami shows to end up on weeknights! I'd say Attack on Titan, Black Clover, JoJo, and Shippuden are at least under consideration, as well eventually as maybe MHA and maybe even a Gundam Show! WELCOME TO THE NEW ERA! And farewell, Cleveland Show! Don't let the door hit ya in Tim's fuzzy ass on the way out!

Edited by OwlChemist81