UnevenEdge

Ouchie help what do? - Updated

Poof

2 hours ago, Poof said:

I was opening a soup can that had the pop can lift tab thingy. I started it but it wouldnt come off so I pulled really hard and it didnt peel back it all just popped right off and somehow got me. I dont get exactly how it did it.

It was progresso chicken noodle

Totally didn't expect this answer but the damage isn't surprising because that sharp ass metal is just waiting to get ya. Pull tab cans make me so paranoid when I'm opening them.

9 hours ago, Poof said:

I was opening a soup can that had the pop can lift tab thingy. I started it but it wouldnt come off so I pulled really hard and it didnt peel back it all just popped right off and somehow got me. I dont get exactly how it did it.

It was progresso chicken noodle

It's basically a loaded spring made out of razor sharp death, I believe it.

If it's already looking like it's closed up, as long as you keep it clean and covered, and just keep an eye on it for redness, swelling etc.  I doubt you'll get tetanus, unless the can was from the 1950s and rusty

I am not a doctor.

18 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Totally didn't expect this answer but the damage isn't surprising because that sharp ass metal is just waiting to get ya. Pull tab cans make me so paranoid when I'm opening them.

Yea after this idk. I always thought my technique was foolproof. Idk...

11 hours ago, SlappyKincaid said:

It's basically a loaded spring made out of razor sharp death, I believe it.

If it's already looking like it's closed up, as long as you keep it clean and covered, and just keep an eye on it for redness, swelling etc.  I doubt you'll get tetanus, unless the can was from the 1950s and rusty

I am not a doctor.

Oh i wouldnt be so sure. Theres always something bad just around the corner waiting to happen to me. Im so tired of trying and making progress just to get kicked back down the stairs. So idc. Tetanus, death, infection, amputation, w/e idc. Lets do this. 

Update bump!

Picture-986.jpg

So in the end, I never got stitches. I just treated it myself. I did go get a tetanus shot a few days later which probably would've been too late but oh well. There doesn't seem to be any tendon issues. It feels almost completely normal now, and I can bend it fine. It was so deep. You couldn't really tell from the fresh pic that it doesn't just go straight across, it turns at an angle. So I could really lift the skin/meat flap up and look into my finger. I wish I got a pic of that but it made me dizzy and lots of blood started flowing when I did it. With this scar pic you can see how it was. I'm proud of myself that the scar is so faint. I'm really good at healing.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 10:06 PM, Poof said:

20180604_202545.jpg

SCAR UPDATE !

Picture-986.jpg

So in the end, I never got stitches. I just treated it myself. I did go get a tetanus shot a few days later which probably would've been too late but oh well. There doesn't seem to be any tendon issues. It feels almost completely normal now, and I can bend it fine. It was so deep. You couldn't really tell from the fresh pic that it doesn't just go straight across, it turns at an angle. So I could really lift the skin/meat flap up and look into my finger. I wish I got a pic of that but it made me dizzy and lots of blood started flowing when I did it. With this scar pic you can see how it was. I'm proud of myself that the scar is so faint. I'm really good at healing.

I can't stomach looking at deep cuts either.

12 hours ago, Vela said:

😊

🙂and you're a trooper.  cause I woulda prob visited the urgent care.

If I couldn't bend the finger or if I couldn't have held it shut on my own without more blood coming out, I probably would've gone. But I felt ok about it. As long as I held it shut with my thumb, not a drop of blood was coming out. It was super deep but closed up nicely. It didn't hurt too bad either.

1 hour ago, Juice McKenzie said:

I can't stomach looking at deep cuts either.

I really wanted to do it again just to try and overcome that feeling and gaze into my finger. That kind of thing fascinates and challenges me, but I was worried about letting infection get in.