UnevenEdge

N e 1 got youtube red?

Guest The Hound

9 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I hate having it because it's bullshit, but I get it for the reason Nab said: able to turn screen off.

Youtube is pretty good for finding new music. Having to keep the screen on and being unable to leave the video page/app is retarded.

I have the storage space to just download an mp3 of every album or playlist or long video I want to listen to straight from yt but I hate having to do that for every single video 

Sometimes I've done it on accident where I'll have another tab open but yt still playing somehow but I never know how. And I'll be able to turn my phone screen off during this time and yt will keep playing new vids after the current one ends, and it's great 

21 minutes ago, Nabloom said:

Sometimes I've done it on accident where I'll have another tab open but yt still playing somehow but I never know how. And I'll be able to turn my phone screen off during this time and yt will keep playing new vids after the current one ends, and it's great 

If you play a Youtube tab in desktop view, you can switch tabs. The video stops, but using most androids you can pull the top menu down and play it from there. It mostly nullifies any point of YT Red since the screen doesn't have to be on, except ads and autoplay can fuck it up and it's annoying to do every time. Red is a waste of money and I literally have it out of laziness.

Edited by naraku360

13 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I hate having it because it's bullshit, but I get it for the reason Nab said: able to turn screen off.

Youtube is pretty good for finding new music. Having to keep the screen on and being unable to leave the video page/app is retarded.

I just turn the screen to minimum brightness when I use it to listen to things. It does a pretty good job of saving battery life. But I probably use these newfangled phones differently from most people.

Is it worth the 30 cents a day, or whatever $9.99 a month/~$120 a year breaks down to?

Not really.

Having the ability to tab out and have videos play in the background gated off behind a paywall is seriously gay.

6 hours ago, naraku360 said:

If you play a Youtube tab in desktop view, you can switch tabs. The video stops, but using most androids you can pull the top menu down and play it from there. It mostly nullifies any point of YT Red since the screen doesn't have to be on, except ads and autoplay can fuck it up and it's annoying to do every time. Red is a waste of money and I literally have it out of laziness.

The desktop view thing along with everything else I've looked up doesn't work for my phone. I've done it accidentally in normal mobile browsing, usually if I've got a video playing and open a few of the recommended vids in new tabs or something idk

Edited by Nabloom

Guest The Hound

im retarded and constantly forget threads i make

and yea i have the free trial atm. and im pretty sure theres like a 3rd party app or way to get music on yt to play, even after u close it without paying for yt red