UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Episode 160 Discussion

1 minute ago, Gyaos said:

Imagine getting paid to grunt, laugh, and snicker for a role. I don't think Justin Cook is still voicing Buu at this stage, but I bet that must have been a treat for the VA.

Has Buu ever had any other actors in this dub? You know he also voices Adult Dende.

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

some people can't help but hatewatch. especially a show that's going to air on tv regardless of one's interest. SAO and Tokyo Ghoul were godawful nightmares, but I still found myself watching each episode I was awake for and commented all the while

pretty much the logic I use when watching Black Clover and Super

• Like 1

some people can't help but hatewatch. especially a show that's going to air on tv regardless of one's interest. SAO and Tokyo Ghoul were godawful nightmares, but I still found myself watching each episode I was awake for and commented all the while

For the record, my commentary isn't hatewatching, It's a result of being buzzed and noticing shit that I haven't before.

honestly, someone should have taken pity on this fool in Super and just trained him to manipulate ki. for all his standard martial arts training, it shouldn't have been a huge stretch to get him to maybe the level of goku during his very first world martial arts tournament

True. If Videl could master flight, Mr. Satan could do it too if he went through similar training.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daos said:

Ok so I just watched the Kai version of this episode. The music almost completely ruins it. Did they seriously think this sounded good?

not like they had a choice the old composer was fired for copyright infringement....which the current one could easily be fired for as well since some of his music is similar to existing songs as well

Ironically Sega plagiarized this song as well, it's why Sonic CD had a different soundtrack outside of Japan

My question has always been... after Yamamoto got fired and his soundtrack scrubbed..... why didn't they just do the obvious thing and go back to using the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack and all the classic themes that people loved?  You can't tell me this doesn't sound better.

• Like 1

Still a great fight with great choreography.

I think "uh-huh" as he was taunting Goku in the cave the closest Kid Buu has come to saying a word.

Yeah you SHOULD have killed Buu as Vegito.

So Goku hasn't been able to concentrate to raise his power to maximum?  Ok then lol.

So if Vegeta dies as a dead man he'll be really really dead for realsies!  Sure. :D Why is it even possible for dead people to die anyway?

Say what you will about Vegeta's power level here, but this is a badass stand he's making against Buu here.

Heh, Vegeta knows trash talk always works on Buu.

Ok it's been WELL over a minute.  In-universe even as well!  It's not dramatic anime license this time.  So what is taking so long?

Maybe you don't HAVE any more power left, Goku.

It's almost as if Kid Buu let's himself get blown apart on purpose sometimes as part of his strategy.

Well Dende could probably heal them, though I doubt Buu would just stand by and allow that.

Lmao now Hercule has entered the fray.

On 4/30/2018 at 6:57 PM, Daos said:

My question has always been... after Yamamoto got fired and his soundtrack scrubbed..... why didn't they just do the obvious thing and go back to using the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack and all the classic themes that people loved?  You can't tell me this doesn't sound better.

That would have to be Funimation's call.  Why would Toei use Faulconer?  And does Funimation even acknowledge him anymore?  Can you buy a version of DBZ with that score still?