UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 197 Dub Discussion

one thing

since their world has been confirmed to have Black people

my theory that Naruto is actually white has merrit, he's blonde, has Blue eyes, his country (hidden leaf) is based on North America/Canada and has it's own Mt. Rushmore

and it's been established that having Japanese names means nothing in their world, since even the Black Ninjas have Japanese names

so yeah, naruto and Sakura are probably white, since they look white

Sasuke on the other hand looks Asian, and probably is

• Like 2

Sai is still alive!  And that lady too!

These are the three fuckin stooges ninjas.

Lol they found the rock in the village.

"Danzo has been declared a rogue ninja and been approved for elimination." 

THANK YOU DANZO! *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*

Hilarious that we are supposed to be upset at that news.

That girl looks like a thicker version of Android 18.

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

one thing

since their world has been confirmed to have Black people

my theory that Naruto is actually white has merrit, he's blonde, has Blue eyes, his country (hidden leaf) is based on North America/Canada and has it's own Mt. Rushmore

and it's been established that having Japanese names means nothing in their world, since even the Black Ninjas have Japanese names

so yeah, naruto and Sakura are probably white, since they look white

Sasuke on the other hand looks Asian, and probably is

Yeah I agree with that. Hyugas would probably be Asian too, and Shikamaru.  It's kind of like the Soul Reapers.  They have Japanese names but it's ridiculous to argue they are all Japanese.  With Kubo it was more about theming and coolness factor, since other factions, like the Arrancars, were Spanish themed, Quincies, German, Fullbringers, American, etc.  Kubo also wanted a way to include French into the story.  With Kishimoto it's probably similar.  This is the theming he wanted for this world, Japanese names since real ninjas were Japanese, is probably what it amounts to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

"That's...a lie!" Seriously? He was working with Orochimaru the last time you saw him!

right?, there's not knowing then there's denial

they KNOW he was working for Orochimaru, so they KNOW he is an akatsuki

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah I agree with that. Hyugas would probably be Asian too, and Shikamaru.  It's kind of like the Soul Reapers.  They have Japanese names but it's ridiculous to argue they are all Japanese.  With Kubo it was more about theming and coolness factor, since other factions, like the Arrancars, were Spanish themed, Quincies, German, Fullbringers, American, etc.  Kubo also wanted a way to include French into the story.  With Kishimoto it's probably similar.  This is the theming he wanted for this world, Japanese names since real ninjas were Japanese, is probably what it amounts to.

yeah, it's not like Avatar the Last airbender's world where Black and white people literally don't exist

clearly their world is fully multi-ethnic....it's just that all races of people have Japanese names regardless of their ethnicity

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Like I said last week, mentioning Yugito is hilarious. The female Jinchuriki who lost in record time.

And like I said I totally forgot she came from that village.  But wait, does this mean they had TWO Jinchurikis?  Why have we never heard about them before?  What about the "balance of power?"

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

And like I said I totally forgot she came from that village.  But wait, does this mean they had TWO Jinchurikis?  Why have we never heard about them before?  What about the "balance of power?"

We have heard of that village a few times but I totally forgot until looking it up just now that they were the ones who they said attempted to kidnap Hinata for the Byakugan way back.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy they had two.

20 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

despite Samui meaning "cold", she's quite hot.

i want more from her in this series.

Yep

Also, her design reminds me of this cool character from another show

Mirepoc.Finedell.full.470699.jpg

Karui has a cool design as well.

Edited by DangerMouse

44 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

We have heard of that village a few times but I totally forgot until looking it up just now that they were the ones who they said attempted to kidnap Hinata for the Byakugan way back.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy they had two.

That Hinata thing was filler.

Yeah you'd think we would've heard more about this village lol.  I had also expected the other Jinchuriki would get significant attention, like Gaara did.  So that disappointed me.

15 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

it surprised me that naruto and Sai collaborated so smoothly on their sword attack against the cloud ninjas

and pissed me off so damn much that sakura was immediately taken out.

Did Kishimoto completely forget about her She-Hulk strength she's had since the timeskip?

29 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

despite Samui meaning "cold", she's quite hot.

i want more from her in this series.

Since that ninja team has two women, maybe at least one of them is capable.  They have numbers on their side LOL.

Is that the blonde?  Yeah like I said, a thick android 18. ^_^

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

It's been too long!!

If only Anko played a bigger role.

You'd think Orochimaru's apprentice would be more relevant.  Actually, now that I think about it, since she has a curse mark, does she have a transformation?

• Like 1