UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 197 Dub Discussion

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You'd think Orochimaru's apprentice would be more relevant.  Actually, now that I think about it, since she has a curse mark, does she have a transformation?

Yup, the minute we learned that I wondered why she hasn't become a major character in the show.

She could have been one of the main leads up there with Kakashi and much more involved in taking down Orochimaru, and the Akastuki. So much missed opportunity for character rivalry between her and Orochimaru.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, the minute we learned that I wondered why she hasn't become a major character in the show.

She could have been one of the main leads up there with Kakashi and much more involved in taking down Orochimaru, and the Akastuki. So much missed opportunity for character rivalry between her and Orochimaru.

Yeah.  It's like Kishimoto made all these characters and then didn't know what to do with them.  But with Anko you'd think it would be pretty easy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mochi said:

Because she's a woman and Kishimoto is a Misogynistic jack-ass

Pretty much.

As many have said, for a while now it's obvious that it is so Kishimoto to make a female character like Anko that should be extremely easily connected to both the plot and the action and yet is such a non-player.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 4:29 PM, DangerMouse said:

Pretty much.

As many have said, for a while now it's obvious that it is so Kishimoto to make a female character like Anko that should be extremely easily connected to both the plot and the action and yet is such a non-player.

Some typo issues there I think but I get your meaning.  Still, there's plenty of male characters that Kishimoto sidelined that he seemingly had no idea what to do with, but women are always going to be more prime for that.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:09 PM, DangerMouse said:

And, it seems like Tsunade is about to spend a lot of this next big arc unconscious if we're going through all this set up this week.

Well yeah.  No way for Danzo to take over otherwise.  This seems like it could admittedly be an interesting and decent arc, with what's been set up so far.  I bet Tsunade will come back in a big moment though.