UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 58 Discussion

Just now, mochi said:

in fact if you'll recall Goku chose to stay dead after the Cell Saga because he reached the conclusion that he was indirectly causing all the conflict on the Earth

for some reason after the Buu Saga he stopped caring if that was the case

Like I said. More stupideder.

• Haha 1

Just now, mochi said:

in fact if you'll recall Goku chose to stay dead after the Cell Saga because he reached the conclusion that he was indirectly causing all the conflict on the Earth

for some reason after the Buu Saga he stopped caring if that was the case

Maybe he realized that evil would keep coming. 

• Like 3

Just now, ben0119 said:

Stop with the Mai and Trunks shit.

That's quite the plan Zamasu most likely has.

Zamasu's soul is perfectly clear?  You mean how like Vegeta's heart was pure evil, which allowed him to become a Super Saiyan?

Toei: oooh but Trunks needs a girlfriend, just ask our Focus groups!

1 minute ago, mochi said:

Toei: oooh but Trunks needs a girlfriend, just ask our Focus groups!

I read an interview where someone asked Toriyama about this.  He said if the Pilaf Gang kept appearing they would just get easily defeated, so he did this romance angle.  THE PILAF GANG DID NOT TO KEEP APPEARING!

On 4/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, Meilag32 said:

So all we gotta do is stop Zamasu in the present and Goku Black will cease to exist and Zamasu's future self will be severley weakened.

God, I hate fucking time travel.

Nope because DBZ time travel works in mysterious ways. Doing stuff in the present has no effect on the future. When Trunks killed King Cold and Frieza, his timeline still recorded it as Goku killing King Cold and Frieza. 

On 4/7/2018 at 7:53 PM, Roymustang1990 said:

Hi colleen.glad ur in super

Colleen is top tier talent and she's in pretty much everything Funimation does. 306 roles in 252 titles. Oddly she was the voice of 18 in Kai before they swapped back to the original VA in Super.

Monica Rial, Chris Sabat.. regardless of how you feel about Super it's the A team of English dubs.

• Like 3

just a refresher on the Pilaf Gang's past to point out how obnoxious Shu saying they'd never met adult Mai is

and now annoying it is that Bulma doesn't recodnize Pilaf, since he was the same age he is now, when she first met him

Edited by mochi

On 4/9/2018 at 7:25 AM, Daos said:

Nope because DBZ time travel works in mysterious ways. Doing stuff in the present has no effect on the future. When Trunks killed King Cold and Frieza, his timeline still recorded it as Goku killing King Cold and Frieza. 

In DBZ when you alter events it just creates an another timeline, which avoids paradoxes and is ironically probably the most scientifically plausible form of time travel. =3

I don't remember Shu ever saying that.

Kind of annoying that Mai looks and sounds completely different than she used to.

Pilaf is not the same age.  They all got de-aged.

I can see people forgetting they met or knew someone.  There's people from high school that remember me that I have no clue who the fuck they are.  But the Pilaf Gang were involved in some pretty major events, like when Goku turned into a Great Ape and destroyed Pilaf's castle.  No one is going to forget about that.  It would also be another thing if they played it off like a joke where the character doesn't remember some minor villain or character from way earlier in the series.  This has happened with Ichigo and Luffy.  But that's not really how it's portrayed here.  It could be that Bulma knows who they are but just doesn't see them as a threat.

Edited by ben0119

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

In DBZ when you alter events it just creates an another timeline, which avoids paradoxes and is ironically probably the most scientifically plausible form of time travel. =3

But that leads to the question. When Trunks time travels to the past and changes things... why can't he use the time machine to travel into the NEW version of the future instead of the old shitty one he came from? I mean, that future exists now, right? So why can't he go there?

What if after coming back to the past, he has present Bulma build him a brand new time machine based on the one from his future? The new time machine would have to go to the NEW future.. right? 

Wrap your head around that =P

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1