UnevenEdge

Final Fantasy XV should be renamed Final Fantasy: The Road Trip.

PerfectFlowingHair

As advertised, it's a bunch of guys cruisin' down the road on a little adventure together.  And honestly, it doesn't feel much of anything like the old FF games.

It's still fucking amazing.

The world is beautiful, the character interactions are seamless {and good job turning cutscenes into gameplay}, the truck stops are hilarious.  Accept a hunting contract, and you're told to "get 'er done".  Fights are real-time {FINALLY!  Not that garbage trolling they pulled with FFXII where it's on the world map but still turn-based}.  Your party members don't suck even though you can't control them directly.  They know how to revive the fallen leader - TAKE NOTE GOOFY AND DONALD!  Combat has me guzzling down healing items for the first time in an FF title.  Oh, and the car?  Love it.  Super customizable.  You can play sweet tunes while driving, and you can even have one of your buddies drive for you if you suck at directions.  And even if it plays little like the games that came before it, it's got plenty of nods to earlier titles.  Also I think I caught myself drooling a little over Ignis.  >.>

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....... okay I may have fangasmed a bit hard. O_o

From what I read of it, I feel like it matches my opinion of MGSV; not exactly as identical to other installments and has some restrictions, but it's still a ton of fun, offers enough freedom to enjoy exploration, and I can finish it feeling that I enjoyed it more than the last title that came before it. I'll probably get it once it's cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly everything I've seen about this game makes me immediately assume it's horrible

the people who've actually played it give conflicting opinions as well

some say it's Amazing, others say they didn't like it, and some say they did enjoy it, but disliked about as many things about it as they liked

personally I've never been a fan of Final Fantasy as a series, but enjoyed Final Fantasy X as a stand-alone game

It's fun to play but the story is the weakest part.

Also, it's very clear when they ran out of time/money.

The first half of the game is open world and then the second half is just a railroad straight through story events until the end.

It's fun to play but the story is the weakest part.

Also, it's very clear when they ran out of time/money.

The first half of the game is open world and then the second half is just a railroad straight through story events until the end.

frankly I think Square should take a break and take the time and effort to write a well planned out FF game, rather than just look at final fantasy 7, and try to make a carbon copy of that game with some minor differences and name changes

I mean hell Xenogears was the original script for FF7 but they decided it "wasn't Final Fantasy'y enough" and fucked it's creator over

also they should stop making every man except (that game's version of) Cid a Gay seeming Twink boyband member....unless they're actually a Gay Twink (I don't believe there's ever been a gay FF character, which is surprising considering how many damn FF games there've been)