UnevenEdge

SSSS Gridman - Trigger’s remake of Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad

Jman

• 3 months later...

Hey, remember this little thing?

Apparently Trigger is streaming the first episode from their AX panel tonight.  

And unlike Franxx where 95% of the work was done by A-1, or Reboot in name only, this is a co-production with Tsuburaya Productions, and the head writer has worked on a lot of well regarded entries in the Ultraman series, Ultraman Nexus in particular.

Edited by Jman

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Didn't FUNimation announce a simul-dub for this!? If so, hope it replaces Black Clover...

Black Clover has 51 episodes, which is bullhonkey because you know they'll just greenlight more very soon.

How many episodes will SSSS Gridman have? It is very likely it will be shorter, which means it will be a poor replacement for Black Clover.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, elfie said:

Black Clover has 51 episodes, which is bullhonkey because you know they'll just greenlight more very soon.

How many episodes will SSSS Gridman have? It is very likely it will be shorter, which means it will be a poor replacement for Black Clover.

Aaaaand Black Clover was greenlit for more episodes because everyone and their dog made that prediction hoo ha sound the trumpets wave the flags ooh boy. -_-

Gridman- so far Ep 2 is a lot more entertaining!

• 2 weeks later...

I do tune out a little during some of the plot, but I am liking the show and it’s nice to have on in the background. I think seeing it as a reboot of a tokusatsu show from ‘93-94 helps to set the tone for the anime as something with the charm of shows like the old SSSS or Power Rangers where you have teens hanging out before monsters show up for Gridman to fight. I’m also liking the line that Akane in particular has to straddle between being a normal student and pushing monsters on people she hates.

I’m also enjoying the show for largely superficial reasons 

4DF267BB-F4CB-4A8B-9338-9408F334BE2D.thumb.png.e6f0dbcd3b3a68253d3f24c55a68c1e4.png

Edited by imchapp.in

... since when were Akane and Rikka this chummy?? One minute into Episode 4 and they're acting like they were childhood friends. We knew Akane is a student at the school undercover but we never seen them share any scene together before this, except for the ED, which spoiled what type of role Akane has!

38 minutes ago, elfie said:

... since when were Akane and Rikka this chummy?? One minute into Episode 4 and they're acting like they were childhood friends. We knew Akane is a student at the school undercover but we never seen them share any scene together before this, except for the ED, which spoiled what type of role Akane has!

Keep in mind we know nothing of what happened or people’s relationships prior to Yuta’s amnesia.  We’re supposed to be in the dark as he is.  And it’s clear the only reason Akane broached the conversation was to get intel on Gridman.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY watched the first 5 episodes, thinking they were going to be pulled from VRV, and I AM HOOKED!!!!

Fortunately FUNimation's channel is NOT disappearing completely from VRV or is getting folded into Crunchyroll's, which means we can still see this season's Simuldub series without paying an extra $5.99 a month.

There is a partial list of the shows that will be pulled from VRV tomorrow that I'm going to post in its own thread soon...

Edited by OwlChemist81

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, elfie said:

.... woah it's been a WHILE since the last post!

Anti is apparently very popular in Japan because he's like a mangy stray dog that needs food. I don't see the appeal.

He’s devolved from the only kaiju Gridman couldn’t outright defeat to Team Rocket for Ultras.  You can’t help but feel bad for the poor idiot.

• 1 month later...